Posted by joshua on Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 4:47pm.
1. If $ is defined for all positive numbers x and y by x$y = 3x + 8y - y^3, then 10$2 =
2. If & is defined for all positive numbers w and z by w & z = 15wz - 10w + 2 then 3 & 4 =
3. All of the following are in the domain of f(x) = 5/ x + 2 except:
could you explain to me how to get the answer for them
- mathematics - Reiny, Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 5:02pm
1 and 2
the operations are defined, so just sub in as defined.
10$2 = 3(10) + 8(2) - 2^3 = ....
same for #2
3. f(x) = 5/x + 2
the function is defined for all real values of x, except x = 0
This is not one of your choices, so the question is bogus.
If you meant f(x) = 5/(x+2) , then the function is defined for all real values of x, except x = -2
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - what is the factorial of a negative number? The factorial function has ...
- Algebra 2 .. - Please explain on how to do each of these! *Let (x) be defined ...
- Math - In a class of 550 students, students may take all, none, or a combination...
- Algebra 2..... - *Please explain on how to do each of these! 1. Let (x) be ...
- ALGEBRA 2... - *Please explain on how to do each of these! 1. Let (x) be defined...
- statistics - 400 draws are made at random with replacement from 5 tickets that ...
- mathematics - for all values of X for which of the following is defined, find th...
- math 2 - let f and g be two functions defined by: f(x)=x+5, with domain all real...
- Math - The difference between two positive number is 72 and one of them is ...
- Discrete Mathematics - Suppose a0, a1, a2 ,... is a sequence defined recursively...