Posted by Paul--please help!! on Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 10:10pm.
I have posted this question earlier and had the answer given to me this way. But my teacher needs to know what type of factorization I used and I have tried to figure it out but have NO clue!!
This is the question.
Solve the following inequality. write your answer in interval notation.
x^3+9x^2-108 less than or equal to o
we have double zeros at x= -6
graph comes from way low and bounces back down off the x-axis at x= -6
- calculus - Paul, Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 10:16pm
Here is the rest of the answer:
then dropping down negative again
then it comes back up again and goes positive and crosses the x-axis at x=3
and from then on is positive
**Now she says note that the last term does not contain an x. What type of method did I use in this posting. Explain this method. Can someone help me please
- calculus - Steve, Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 11:21pm
Not sure what you're going on about.
What do you mean "type of factorization"?
I used synthetic division to come up with the roots. If you have no clue, then you need to review finding roots of a function.
The roots are where the graph touches or crosses the x-axis.
The question is:
solve f(x) <= 0
The answer is:
f(x) <= 0 when x <= 3.
In interval notation, x is in (-oo,3]
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths Question - the slope of a curve y=f(x) is given by dy/dx= (x-1)(x-2)^2(x-3...
- bobpursley, drwls. ms. sue Writeacher - When a second post is made to a question...
- Math-Reiny - I posted this problem earlier and you answered it for me. The ...
- Math - Given that Force 1 = 70 pounds and Force 2 = 120 pounds , find the angle ...
- ? ABOUT POSTING AN ENGLISH/COMP. HOMEWORK QUESTION - If we posted an essay we ...
- English - Homework Help: English Posted by rfvv on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 6:...
- Math - Hi! My teacher told my class that the answer to this question is "1-sin x...
- Science math - Can no one help me? I posted a question earlier I don't need ...
- Science - I have an assignment that wants me to describe the topographical ...
- Math - Hi everyone, I would like some help with Math.. And I would like help ...