Posted by John on Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 10:27am.
Can you show me all the steps...i dont know how to do it...Thankyou!!:)
- basic algebra - bobpursley, Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 12:11pm
first: add 7x to each side. Then divide both sides by 9
second: subtract 9x+16 from each side. Then divide both sides by 15
- basic algebra - John, Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 1:31pm
we have to factor not solve
- basic algebra - Henry, Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 2:20pm
1. Y = 2x^2-7x-15 = 0.
Use the AC method of factoring:
A*C = 2*-15 = -30 = 1*-30 = 3*-10.
Choose the pair of factors whose sum = B(-7): 3, and -10.
2x^2 + (3x-10x) - 15 = 0.
Group the 4 terms into 2 factorable pairs:
(2x^2-10x) + (3x-15)
2x(x-5) + 3(x-5)
(x-5) is common to both terms. So we factor out(x-5):
(x-5)(2x+3) = 0
x-5 = 0
X = 5.
2x+3 = 0
2x = -3
X = -1.5.
Solution set: X = 5, and -1.5.
2. 9x^2+24x+16 = 0.
The given expression is a perfect square: 9x^2+24x+16 = (3x+4)^2 = 0.
(3x+4)^2 = 0
Take sgrt of both sides:
+-(3x+4) = 0
3x+4 = 0
3x = -4
X = -1 1/3 = -1.33333.
-3x-4 = 0
-3x = 4
X = -1 1/3 = -1.33333.
Solution X = -1.33333, and -1.33333.
Note: The given expression was set to zero, because the solutions are x-intercepts and Y = 0 at the x-intercepts.
- basic algebra - Henry, Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 3:34pm
9x^2+24x+16. Factor only.
9x^2+24x+16 = (3x+4)^2 = (3x+4)(3x+4).
- basic algebra - John, Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 12:30pm
Thankyou so much!!
Answer this Question
- algebra - Did I do this problem the correct way if so is there a shorter way to ...
- algebra - 12-6x=3[2-4(x-6)] I KNOW THE ANSWER IS 11 BUT EVERYTIME I DO THE STEPS...
- Trig - Can somebody please help me find the domain of: 1 / cos4x If there are ...
- Algebra 2 - Find all of the zeros of each function 1. q(x)=2x^3-17x^2+90x-41 2.x...
- Simple Math - In 10 years, Mr. Yen will be twice as old as his daughter. Their ...
- Algebra - need help in solving by substitution. We all have different steps and ...
- Math - Could you show me how to work through this problem? Show me steps Solve ...
- alg2 check? - solve 3(8x-2)=46-2(12x+1) 24x-6=46-24x+2 24x-6=48-24x 48x-6=48 48x...
- college algebra - analyze the graph of the following function. r(x)= x^2+x-6...
- math - solve the following inequality. 24x-55<24/x I dont understand this at ...