Posted by Student on Friday, December 28, 2012 at 7:22pm.
What event made the ratification of the Treaty of Versailles virtually impossible?
a. The fact that Wilson had not taken any representatives from the opposition to France
b. Wilson's open contempt for the opposition in the Senate
c. Wilson's tactics of delay, demanding a public reading of the entire document
d. Wilson's cross-country speaking tour which embarrassed the congressional leadership
e. Wilson's stroke in Colorado, rendering him immobile for the final 18 months of his term
I'm stuck between b,d, and e, but if I had to pick one I'd say b. Is this correct?
APUSH - Ms. Sue, Friday, December 28, 2012 at 7:25pm
APUSH - bobpursley, Friday, December 28, 2012 at 8:26pm
Hmmmm. I disagree. And I don't like the question.
on b, there was considerable aminosity between Lodge and Wilson, and perhaps distrust, but it was both ways.
on d, Lodge started the speaking tour in opposition.
on c, it had nothing to do with making it impossible.
a is true, Wilson should and could have taken a Republican with him.
I think e was the final problem, when he had is stroke, he could no longer give a strong personal appeal to various groups which could have supported the treaty. Many diverse groups didn't like provisions of it: German Americans, Italian Americans, Irish immigrants, diehard American Isolationists. So with his stroke, there was so many reasons politically to vote against it. I like answer e, if I have to choose one reason for the icing on the cake.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- world history - when Woodrow Wilson returned from Paris with the Treaty of ...
- history - i really need help on this, i've been trying to answer it for so long...
- history - http://momo.essortment.com/versaillestrea_reif.htm http://en.wikipedia...
- history - how did Woodrow Wilson's reform platform during the 1912 campaign ...
- history - I need help with this history question: senate opponents of the league...
- history - My question is how did World War I end? I am wondering if I answered ...
- History - How did the Treaty of Versailles change Europe and effect Germany in ...
- American history - I have to answer these questions: 5. Compare the viewpoints ...
- history - (Please.) This is my last question of the night. I need help filling ...
- World History Answer Check (Ms. Sue) - 1. How did the Schlieffen Plan contribute...