posted by Morgan S on .
Project: Data Analysis
The following chart lists the average low, average high, record low, and record high temperatures for the month of April in Denver, Colorado.
Day Average Low Average High Record Low Record High
April 1 32°F 58°F 6°F 78°F
April 2 32°F 58°F -3°F 79°F
April 3 32°F 58°F 9°F 81°F
April 4 33°F 59°F -4°F 80°F
April 5 33°F 59°F 10°F 82°F
April 6 33°F 59°F 3°F 83°F
April 7 33°F 59°F 9°F 82°F
April 8 34°F 60°F 5°F 86°F
April 9 34°F 60°F 2°F 88°F
April 10 34°F 60°F 7°F 82°F
April 11 34°F 60°F 9°F 80°F
April 12 35°F 61°F -1°F 79°F
April 13 35°F 61°F 15°F 83°F
April 14 35°F 61°F 11°F 83°F
April 15 35°F 61°F 15°F 82°F
April 16 36°F 62°F 20°F 84°F
April 17 36°F 62°F 9°F 83°F
April 18 36°F 62°F 8°F 84°F
April 19 36°F 62°F 14°F 83°F
April 20 37°F 63°F 13°F 84°F
April 21 37°F 63°F 8°F 89°F
April 22 37°F 63°F 16°F 88°F
April 23 38°F 64°F 20°F 85°F
April 24 38°F 64°F 22°F 85°F
April 25 38°F 64°F 18°F 83°F
April 26 39°F 64°F 13°F 84°F
April 27 39°F 65°F 18°F 84°F
April 28 39°F 65°F 20°F 86°F
April 29 40°F 65°F 13°F 82°F
April 30 40°F 66°F 5°F 90°F
Use the data given in the table to answer the following questions:
1. Find the mean, median, mode, and range of the average low temperatures in Denver for the month of April.
2. Find the mean, median, mode, and range of the average high temperatures in Denver for the month of April.
3. Find the mean, median, mode, and range of the record low temperatures in Denver for the month of April.
4. Find the mean, median, mode, and range of the record high temperatures in Denver for the month of April.
5. On the night of April 29th, would you expect the temperature to drop below freezing (32°F)? Why or why not?
6. Write a paragraph that answers the following questions:
a. What information in this chart gives you the most accurate picture of the temperature in Denver in April?
b. What information in this chart does not help you determine what the temperature is typically like in Denver in April?
c. If you were explaining to a friend what the temperature is like in Denver in April, what information would you give them? Why?
d. Would you recommend vacationing in Denver in April based on the temperature? Why or why not?
Paragraph answer - please organize your thoughts and put them into paragraph form:
Really? You expect someone to do your whole assignment FOR YOU???
how to find mean, median, mode, and range:
For the mean take the sum of all values and divide the result by 30
For mode tally the results and take the one with the highest
For median lay out values and take the middle value
This is will answer 1-4