Posted by Gabby on Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 7:20pm.
This is a practice so it's rather extensive but it's important i get the points for it so can u please check it thx!
To pinpoint the absolute location of a place, geographers use (1 point)
the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
the North and South poles.
latitude and longitude.
What does the theme of movement help geographers to understand? (1 point)
a location's physical and human features
how people, goods, and ideas get from one place to another
how far a place is from the equator
the climate of a place
Geographers' studies include oceans, landforms, climate, and (1 point)
ancient mathematical calculations.
how people affect their environment.
What is a disadvantage of a Mercator projection? (1 point)
It does not include all of the continents.
It does not show many details of Earth's surface.
It is too large to be carried easily.
It shows correct shapes but not true sizes.
Why do many geographers prefer the Robinson projection? (1 point)
It has no distortion of the Earth's surface.
It quite accurately shows most distances, sizes, and shapes.
It is an interrupted projection of the Earth's surface.
It is an equal-area map.
A globe is more accurate than a map because a globe can show (1 point)
the true shapes of continents and oceans.
a distorted view of Earth.
a particular region in great detail.
As Earth spins in space, on the side facing the sun it is always (1 point)
Earth is divided into 24 standard time zones because (1 point)
the time zone is a few hours per mile.
Earth rotates west and the day starts earlier in the west.
of confusion if each town had its own time zone.
the Earth doesn't rotate at a steady rate in 24 hours.
What is the result of the sun being directly over the equator on March 21? (1 point)
Days and nights are unequal in length.
It is daytime for almost 20 hours.
It is nighttime for almost 20 hours.
Days and nights are nearly equal in length.
The atmosphere surrounding Earth provides oxygen for (1 point)
people and animals.
What is a landform that usually rises more than 2,000 feet (610 meters) above sea level? (1 point)
Continents move by (1 point)
water eroding rocks.
conveyor-like belts of magma dragging plates and continents.
Ring of Fire activity.
wind shifting the crust.
Climate depends upon (1 point)
air and cyclones.
location, water, wind, and air.
What would happen to Earth without wind and water? (1 point)
It would become too cold.
It would overheat.
It wouldn't rotate evenly.
It wouldn't orbit the sun.
Why is it always cooler by the water on a hot summer day? (1 point)
Summer storms occur.
People dress lighter.
Water heats up slowly.
Warm water moves north.
What do plants need to survive in a particular climate? (1 point)
vegetation, adaptations, and sunlight
vines, food, and rain
water, sunlight, and proper temperatures
roots, water, and wind
Since temperatures in humid continental climates can be very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter, the vegetation in these areas is (1 point)
limited to trees only.
limited to grasslands and forests.
limited to scrub only.
Why is there no vegetation at the top of Mount Everest? (1 point)
It is too cold to support any plant life.
There is no oxygen or carbon dioxide there.
The sunlight is too strong for plants.
It is too wet for plants to survive.
To find the population density of a place, divide the number of people living there by the number of (1 point)
square miles or kilometers.
How have advances in medicine affected population? (1 point)
People live longer.
More babies are born.
The death rate has increased.
The birth rate has decreased.
An example of how rapid population growth can affect the environment may include (1 point)
an increase in trees.
How do demographers use the "push-pull" theory? (1 point)
to explain climatic change
to explain immigration
to describe political change
to describe geographic change
The desire for home ownership pulls people to (1 point)
The primary reason for migration between India and Pakistan in 1947 was (1 point)
the desire for home ownership.
the need for better climate.
What have some countries done to reduce the cost of trade? (1 point)
increased cost of goods
decreased sales in other countries
formed trade alliances
changed their economic system
The economic system of the United States may be called a mixed economy because (1 point)
it is a combination of communism and capitalism.
it is both developed and developing.
both the government and private individuals own industries.
both producers and consumers can invest in a business.
Subsistence farms raise enough food to (1 point)
feed only the farmers' families.
feed an entire country.
export food to other countries.
turn a developing nation into a developed one.
In a representative democracy, citizens elect representatives who create (1 point)
the culture's language.
Which of the following international organizations is a military alliance? (1 point)
the United Nations
the North Atlantic Treaty Organization
the European Union
the World Trade Organization
Three examples of forms of government are (1 point)
constitutional monarchy, dictatorship, and economic.
monarchy, extended family, and population.
democracy, capitalism, and constitutional monarchy.
monarchy, democracy, and dictatorship.
My Answers (please check these):
25. formed trade alliances
26. both the government and private individuals own industries.
27. feed only the farmers' families.
30. monarchy, democracy, and dictatorship.
PLEASE CHECK THESE LIKE I SAID BEFORE THIS IS A PRACTICE BUT IT'S STILL VERY IMPORTANT TO ME~!
- Need help with ~Social Studies! - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 7:34pm
2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 >> are wrong!
I can't check any more. It looks like you picked these answers at random.
Go back and study again.
I will not check any more of your Social Studies answers tonight. I will check your answers for this assignment tomorrow!
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - Gabby, Saturday, December 22, 2012 at 8:06pm
i dont have till tomorrow... i'll just do it myself.
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - Anonymous, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 1:24pm
what are the answers to 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - Anonymous, Friday, January 11, 2013 at 1:34pm
Ms.Sue your dump i faild
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - KAREL, Monday, December 9, 2013 at 12:14pm
what are the answers please tell me!!!
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - luna, Saturday, January 11, 2014 at 10:32pm
- Need help with ~Social StuTARTED JACK ASSES AND STUPID - jack, Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 9:59pm
I agree lunA THESE PEOPLE ARE RUDE RE
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - jack, Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 10:00pm
I PULL A RETRACTION ON WHAT WAS JUST POSTED I DIDNT TYPE THAT
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - Abby, Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 12:44pm
Guys Don't Be Rude... She Didn't have to help and she did help some and well its not her homework...
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - great stuff, Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 3:09pm
I FAILED THANKS TO YOU
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - Wade, Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 11:31am
Can anyone help me with mine?
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - PIX, Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 4:52pm
number 1 is RG# rules
- Need help with ~Social Stusies! - PIX, Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 4:52pm
number 1 is RG3# rules
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Social studies - Explain: When might you need to know the absolute location of a...
- Social Studies - 1. What countries/continents are included in the Americas? 2. ...
- History/Social Studies - I need some help with this question. Why was the ...
- English - Can someone check if the following questions are grammatically correct...
- 2nd grade english - Need ideas on how getting an education is so important for ...
- math - please help thx 16-3(8.3)^2-5 and please show me steps thx. i have it ...
- Geography - What is absolute location? A.a precise measure of where a location ...
- social studies - what is the location?? You need to be more specific. Location ...
- math - please, does anyone know of a site I can go to online to help my son with...
- social studies - why is Istanbul in an important location?