Posted by Linda on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 2:34pm.
Why is t= ln(2)/.04 the same
as t= 25ln(2)?
Please explain it step by step. What rule do you use or how do you change the .04 to the 25?
- College Algebra - Damon, Friday, December 21, 2012 at 2:56pm
Divide 1 by 0.04 using long division.
You will get 25.
- College Algebra - Reiny, Friday, December 21, 2012 at 2:58pm
think of it as
ln(2) * (1/.4)
and 1/.04= 25
(just use your calculator to find 1/.04 or
1/.04 = 100/4 (multiply top and bottom by 100)
so ln(2)/.04 = ln(2) * 25
= 25 ln(2)
(I believe Damon answered this same question for you before)
- College Algebra - Linda, Friday, December 21, 2012 at 3:21pm
Reiny thank you because I didn't answer Damon's I knew it had to have something to do with 25 being 1/4 of 100 but your explanation of thinking of it as * 1/4 made sense to me so thank you
- College Algebra - drwls, Friday, December 21, 2012 at 7:13pm
1/0.04 = 1/(1/25)= 25
1 divided by a number is called the reciprocal of the number.
The reciprocal of a fraction is the upside-down fraction.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- College Algebra - I have t = ln(2)/.04 and the book has the answer as 25ln(2) I ...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- college algebra - I need help bad. Don't know which formula to use. Please ...
- ALGEBRA HELP - When solving the equation, what property was used to go from step...
- Maths - Differentiate y=(5x-2)^3(3-x)^6 using the product rule. i don't get the ...
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...
- College Algebra - Use the Laws of Logarithms to expand the expression. loga(x^5/...
- math - 1) Write a translation rule that maps point D(7, –3) onto point D'(2, 5...
- Quick math help - In which step below does a mistake first appear in simplifying...
- geometry - The figure shows some of the steps Jane took to draw a line segment ...