Posted by Celest on Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:15pm.
Where was the first Quaker colony in North America located?
social studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:24pm
There were no Quaker colonies. However, there were a few small Quaker communities in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Jersey. After Pennsylvania was founded on the principle of religious freedom, more Quaker communities were established.
social studies - Celest, Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:24pm
social studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:28pm
social studies - Celest, Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:28pm
isnt it new jersey???
social studies - Celest, Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:32pm
I'm confused... So first it was Massachusetts..then New Jersey?? huh
social studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 9:41pm
How are you defining a colony?
A few Quakers lived in Massachusetts Bay colony, but they left because they were persecuted there.
Read the article carefully about the first Quakers in North America.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - 1. What was the first PERMANENT European colony in North ...
- social studies - what did the dutch call their colony in north america
- Social studies - 12. Why did the English not try to settle North America earlier...
- social studies - Humans in North America up to 1492,groups living in the same ...
- Social Studies - What is one example of cultural exchange during the settlement ...
- Social Studies - How were the civilizations in North America different from the ...
- social studies - asia and north america are separated by what water may i ask ...
- social studies - is roanoke the first colony? or is jamestown the first colony?
- Social Studies - In which hemisphere is North America located? NOrthern ...
- Social Studies 6th grade - Why don't scientists agree on when and how the first ...