Posted by antboy on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 9:00am.
help I don't understand.
1. When you are “egging someone on,” you are (1 point)
offering that person a snack.
urging that person to take action.
embarrassing that person.
2. One good reading technique is to make up questions for yourself to answer about the selection. Which of the following would help a reader understand the ending of “One Throw”? (1 point)
Why doesn’t the manager promote Maneri?
Has the manager ever played for a major league team?
How does Eddie Brown test Maneri’s honesty and integrity?
What major league team would Maneri like to play for?
Read the passage below from the short story “One Throw.” Then answer the question that follows.
I checked into a hotel called the Olympia, which is right on the main street and the only hotel in the town. After lunch I was hanging around the lobby, and I got to talking to the guy at the desk. I asked him if this wasn’t the town where that kid named Maneri played ball.
3. Which element of plot is demonstrated in the passage? (1 point)
4. Which sentence is the gerund used as an appositive? (1 point)
Catering is a great way to show off your talent as a cook.
The best part of catering is making a special occasion a tasty event.
The girl has a new job, catering.
Mr. Lane gives all of his time and energy to catering.
Answer for 3 and 4 is d and c is that right?
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 10:03am
What do you think about 1 and 2?
I don't know about 3, but your answer for 4 is correct.
- English - Ms. Sue help - Helperr, Friday, December 28, 2012 at 12:24am
I got the answers for ya right here
- English - Ms. Sue help - Julia, Monday, January 14, 2013 at 2:18am
I just took this and it is actullly,
not even kidding....Promise!
- English - Ms. Sue help - zake, Friday, December 6, 2013 at 5:42pm
julia is right
- English - Ms. Sue help - buttttt, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 2:18pm
julia and zake alright promise just took it on connexus and got 4/4 100%
- English - Ms. Sue help - Jiskha, Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 12:43pm
The correct answers are 1.B, 2.C, 3.B, 4.C. Julia is correct. :)
- English - Ms. Sue help - Santa Clause, Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 1:56pm
Ms. Julia is correct! 1 more week till Christmas. Hope all of you are studying hard and being good!
- English - Ms. Sue help - Dollendorf, Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 12:08am
Jewls is correct!! OMG THANK YOU!! :D
Answer this Question
to Ms. Sue - I would like to thank you Ms. Sue I am starting to understand ...
English - Thank You, Ms. Sue I understand it better now
Robert Frost/English/Ms.Sue - Yes, i'm referring to the Poem. I don't understand...
English-Ms. Sue - My other question: Is there a structure to this selection? ...
English- Help Ms. Sue - Does the word "decipher" mean to interpret or understand...
MATH ( ms. sue) - i understand you divide 56 by 15 but it comes out to 3....
nursing - Sue is new to working in a hospital kitchen. Her job is to prepare the...
English - Ms. Sue help - Help I don't understand Answer the following question ...
ms. sue thanks - ms. sue thanks for help u give to me with my questions. but ...
English - I can't understand the whole thing that he said. (What is the meaning...