Posted by Autumn on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 10:27am.
14. Why is “The Divine Comedy” an allegory?
Everyone dies in the end.
The theme is ambiguous.
All of the characters and settings are symbolic.
The poem teaches a lesson about good and evil.
15. In “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock,” what mood is created by a setting in which the central character is concerned with the direction of his life?
cheerful and exhilarating
introspective and indecisive
homey and reassuring
impersonal and chilling
16. Which of the following details most clearly supports the main idea of “Forbidden Fruit?”
“I wanted my smile to show that I had nothing to do with his triumph but that I appreciated his trust.”
”They had often eaten pork before and asked me to have some, but I invariably and firmly refused, which always moved Uncle Shura to mirth for some reason or other.”
”That was the last straw. Everything might have ben different if it hadn’t been for those two blotters.”
”Later he realized his childhood dream, but it turned out that he had to exceed speed limits to overtake his temperament and finally had to change his trade.”
17. “The Nobel Prize” is an example of what kind of poetry?
18. What might have been Ferre's main purpose in writing “The Youngest Doll”?
to show that girls are treated with respect
to support the idea of marriage between the rich and the poor
to show the value of making dolls
to point out lack of respect
19. Which element would NOT be considered part of an author’s style?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1)Read the passage below from "No Dogs Bark" and select the one that ...
- English - Bret Harte "Plain Language from Truthful James" 1. What was the major ...
- English - Can someone help me with these questions please. Bret Harte "Plain ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- ENGLISH (thanks) - "All Conflict in its simplest form its struggle between good ...
- English (Beowulf) - Well, my assignment is to write a news article on the story ...
- English - 10. For what reason doe Shirley Jackson likely use stock characters in...
- English - What's a good introductory paragraph for an essay about To Kill a ...
- English - Discuss Dickens' use of symbol in GREAT EXPECTATIONS- symbolic names, ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...