Posted by kkr on Monday, December 17, 2012 at 11:50pm.
The monomer structure of polystyrene is shown below:
(a) Would you expect polystyrene to be a stiff or a pliable polymer?
(b) What kind of synthesis is used in the production of polystyrene from styrene monomers?
(c) Calculate the degree of polymerization n of polystyrene with a molecular weight of 3.091×106 g/mol.
chemistry - Right, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 11:50pm
B. Addition polymerization
chemistry - qwerty, Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 2:09am
(c) 3.091×10^6 / 104.15 = 29678.34
chemistry - Odesa, Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 6:04am
chemistry - 3.091, Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 9:42pm
all answers are correct, thanks people
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - H8P1: Polystyrene The monomer structure of polystyrene is shown ...
- DrBob222 - are snow foam ball the same as moth balls? no. Styrofoam? Styrene is ...
- chemistry - Polymers are high molecular weight compounds with a repeating ...
- physics - tina brings a positively charged glass rod near a very light, ...
- Physics - Packing material made if pieces of foamed polystyrene can easily ...
- Mechanics - A helmet has an open cell polystyrene foam liner that is designed to...
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials - A helmet has an open cell polystyrene foam ...
- chemistry - why would a polystyrene cup be used in an exothermic reaction ...
- Statics - Calculate the elastic buckling collapse stress (the compressive ...
- Chemistry - Burning an empty Styrofoam container results in volumes of black ...