Posted by kkr on Monday, December 17, 2012 at 11:50pm.
The monomer structure of polystyrene is shown below:
(a) Would you expect polystyrene to be a stiff or a pliable polymer?
(b) What kind of synthesis is used in the production of polystyrene from styrene monomers?
(c) Calculate the degree of polymerization n of polystyrene with a molecular weight of 3.091×106 g/mol.
- chemistry - Right, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 11:50pm
B. Addition polymerization
- chemistry - qwerty, Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 2:09am
(c) 3.091×10^6 / 104.15 = 29678.34
- chemistry - Odesa, Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 6:04am
- chemistry - 3.091, Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 9:42pm
all answers are correct, thanks people
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - H8P1: Polystyrene The monomer structure of polystyrene is shown ...
- Chemistry - I have one more question DrBob, I have draw a structure of this ...
- chemistry - Polymers are high molecular weight compounds with a repeating ...
- Chemistry - Burning an empty Styrofoam container results in volumes of black ...
- physics - tina brings a positively charged glass rod near a very light, ...
- chemistry - please can u help i need to a structure of a polymer and i dentify ...
- chemistry - What is the monomer and polymer structure of DNA?
- polymerization of alchohol - CH2=CH-CH-OH | CH3 when the above compound undergo ...
- chemistry - why would a polystyrene cup be used in an exothermic reaction ...
- Honors Chemistry - "Would it be possible to have an addition polymer synthesized...