Posted by Celest on Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:07pm.
when whalers first began hunting, they used small rowboats and were able to find many whalers near the shore. Later, the whalers needed bigger ships, and their whaling trip lasted much longer. Sometimes, whalers were gone for many moths or even years. Explain why the whaling industry changed.
social studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:08pm
What do you think?
social studies - Celest, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:15pm
because if the size of the ships?
social studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:23pm
Why did the ships get larger?
social studies - Celest, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:30pm
becasue of the size of the whales or the many amounts of the whales too big for the boat???
social studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:33pm
The whales were getting scarcer. At one time the whalers could find a lot of whales close to shore. But the whales got scarce when so many were killed. Then the whalers had to get larger boats and go farther and farther from home to find whales.
social studies - Celest, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:46pm
social studies - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:49pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - Please check the 6 questions with my answers. Thank you. Social...
- ancient civillation - which lasted the longest. which lasted shortest. which ...
- Social studies 8th grade - What was described as the "hardest work" slaves did...
- social studies - What are some reasons Eyptian civilization lasted longer than ...
- physics - In the past, ships often carried small cannons that wer used when ...
- Algebra - On the first part of a trip to Carmel traveling on the? freeway, Marge...
- Social Studies - The United States experienced a recession which lasted for more...
- Social Studies - If I could have some help on this question I'd appreciate it.I ...
- social studies - explain how the agricultural revolution led to the ...
- social studies - How did the slave trade affect the eastern shore? Also where ...