Posted by mandy on Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 6:59pm.
Theocracies are: (Points : 1)
9A)****determined by the religious beliefs of the society.
based on the accumulation of wealth by individuals.
a group of elected officials.
are sanctioned by Big Men.
2. Chiefs within chiefdoms generally gained their positions: (Points : 1)
by conquering a people.
there is too much variation between cultures to come up with a generalization.
3. In pastoral societies women’s sexuality is controlled in a variety of ways, including restricting their movements. (Points : 1)
4. With Pastoralists, the patterns of movement are not random but cyclical. (Points : 1)
5. Grazing lands among pastoralists are usually: (Points : 1)
(A)**** highly productive lands that could be used for agriculture.
owned by individual families.
located within a day’s walk from people’s farming territories.
6. Horticultural societies are commonly matrilineal / matrilocal but, MOST pastoral societies are patrilineal / patrilocal. (Points : 1)
7. Which environment is least likely to be inhabited by pastoralists? (Points : 1)
8. One factor limiting the distribution of pastoralists is: (Points : 1)
the inability of the animals to adapt to diverse environments like humans can.
the reluctance of cultivators to allow pastoralists entrance to their territories.
(C)**** that herding is less productive way of using land in areas suitable for cultivation.
the scarcity of suitable pasture lands.
9. Which position of leadership is an ascribed position? (Points : 1)
10. An etic perspective of kula exchanges would be: (Points : 1)
it allows people from different islands to interact with each other.
it raises the prestige of the chiefs.
****(C)it provides an opportunity for the trade in food and other resources providing materials unavailable in people’s home islands.
it allows men to meet their future wives.
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:05pm
5, 7 are wrong.
I don't know about 10.
The others appear to be right.
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - mandy, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:10pm
I have read and re read each area of the book and I don't get it for # 10 its like its between the answer I gave and (B)
7(D) least likely
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:17pm
I agree with your answers for 5 and 7 now.
I think C is probably right.
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - Ashley, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:36pm
7 is C/tropical forests
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - mandy, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:37pm
Thanks for the assistance!!!! ANT is killing me but again Thanks Ms.Sue
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - Writeacher, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:40pm
Was your choice for question 2 correct? I would have chosen D, but C would have been a close second.
I'd be interested in knowing the result.
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - mandy, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:48pm
@ Writeacher yes it was correct. A lot of the answers were a bit confusing to me like you I had thought the same thing.
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - Writeacher, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:51pm
I keep thinking of all the conquering that went on ... in Japan, in China, in India and that whole part of Asia, in various parts of Europe, in Egypt, and on and on.
And yet there were all those dynasties! That question would have been a real toss-up for me!
Thanks for letting me know. =)
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - mandy, Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:56pm
- american history 1865 to present - louis, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 8:58pm
social and political structure of the colonies and other pertinent factors
Answer this Question
Cultural Anthropology 101 - its a fill in the blank. My answer "fieldwork"
anthropology 101 - 1. Race: (Points : 1) is a cultural classification that ...
Cultural Anthropology - Environmental determinism means: (Points : 1)
Cultural Anthropology 101 - What do I see as the strengths and weaknesses of ...
Cultural Anthropology 101 - Ethnocentrism refers to: (Points : 1) the need to ...
Cultural Anthropology 101 - Typical characteristics of Band societies include ...
anthropology - what does it mean when my teacher says write an essay that ...
ANT101: Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (ACS - The Demographic Transition ...
Algebra 1 - SUBTRACT THE POLYNOMIALS. (-9a^2+9a+4)-(7a^2+4)=-16a^2+9a Help ...
Cultural Anthropology - what is Factory industrialism?