Posted by SPIKE on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:45pm.
this question has really stumped me but i have tried doing it and have came up with some possible answers:
the following letters list some characteristics OF SOLIDS ACCORDING TO THE KINECTIC MOLECULAR THEORY.
A.) the particles are very closely packed together
B.) The particles are tightly bound to neighbouring particles
C.) The particles are arranged in a regular pattern
D.) the particles can only vibrate in their positions
E.) heat causes the vibration of the particles to increase
write the letter(s) of the charcteristics that can explain the following observations
a) solids do not flow or pour
b) solids cannot easily be compressed
c) as the temperature is increased many solids melt and become liquids
d) some solids form crystals
I only got these answers.. I know there is more but i have no clue! :::::
pleeeeeeese help me :)
TO: MS SUE SCIENCE HELP - Ms. Sue, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:49pm
Sorry -- but I don't know.
TO: MS SUE SCIENCE HELP - DrBob222, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:57pm
I think a is incorrect. I think B is a better choice.
I believe b is A.
I believe c is correct as you have it.
I believe d is C.
TO: MS SUE SCIENCE HELP - SPIKE, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:04pm
oh and you can have more than one letter for an answer..
thank you sooooo much :)
TO: MS SUE SCIENCE HELP - DrBob222, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:08pm
If each may have more than one answer and if an answer may be used more than once, I think you can pick others that are close; e.g., a might be A as well as B etc.
TO: MS SUE SCIENCE HELP - Damon, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:21pm
a) B C D
b) A C D
c) E B C
d) C A B D
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Quick Science Question - I have a question. Is a Atwood Machine a suspended ...
- Chemistry - Mark all statements that are true....numbers 1⎕ Molecular ...
- Chemistry - How does the kinetic-molecular theory help explain the difference ...
- psychology (Ms.Sue) - Thank you Ms.Sue for answering my last question. I have ...
- Science - hi i have a science exam on tuesday and i don't understand this ...
- science(check answers) - 2.how would the kinetic energy of a 12,000-kg train ...
- Algebra II - I am super confused with permutations and combinations. I just don'...
- English 2 - Gene and Finny are drawn to each other and share some character ...
- eth. need some info please - Ms. Sue, Please guide me to some info or data in ...
- Algebra 2/Trig - I've done every other single question besides this one. (There ...