Posted by Samantha on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:34pm.
how do i ansewr this question?
An aerosol spray can with a volume of 400. mL contains 2.25 g of propane gas (C3H8) as a propellant
(a) If the can is at 31°C, what is the pressure in the can?
(b) What volume would the propane occupy at STP?
(c) The can's label says that exposure to temperatures above 130.°F may cause the can to burst. What is the pressure in the can at this temperature?
science - DrBob222, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:42pm
Use PV = nRT
n = grams/molar mass
science - Samantha, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:57pm
i got 1.28 but its wrong
science - DrBob222, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:17pm
You have three questions here. Which gave you an answer of 1.28? That's 1.28 WHAT unit? Show your work. I can't find errors with an answer only.
science - DrBob222, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:20pm
Perhaps I can with just an answer. You used P = nRT. You never used the 400 mL. And you must use 0.400 L; P will be in atmospheres. T must be in kelvin = 304K.
science - Samantha, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:43pm
that was my answer for letter a and i did all of those conversions first and i still got that anwerrs which is wrong. can you do the problem and tell me what you get?
science - DrBob222, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 10:56pm
PV = nRT
P = ?
V = 0.400L
n = grams/molar mass = 2.25/44 = 0.0511
T = 273 + 31 = 304K
P = 0.0511 x 0.08206 x 304/0.400 = 3 something.
Tell me what you did wrong. I think you did not divide by 0.400.
science - Samantha, Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 3:41pm
thanks! for b i used that equation and got the volume to be .400 buts its wrong. do i use the presure from a or do i just use 1atm?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A small bottle of propane gas (C3H8) contains 400.0 grams of propane...
- Chemistry - A sample of propane gas, C3H8, was collected over water at 25 degree...
- Dalton's Law of Partial Pressures - A sample of propane gas, C3H8, was collected...
- Chemistry - I'm having trouble understanding Boyle's Law and Dalton's law of ...
- Chemistry - What volume in liters of C3H7Cl is produced if 400.0g of C3H8 (...
- Chemistry - An aerosol can is empty, except for the propellant gas which exerts ...
- chemistry - Aerosol cans have a label that warns the user not to use them above ...
- chemistry - Propane (C3H8) which is used as fuel in BBQ tanks often contains ...
- CHEM - Many home barbeques are fueled with propane gas C3H8. What mass of carbon...
- chemistry - Calculate the partial pressure (in atm) of propane in a mixture that...