Posted by Vanessa on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:38pm.
1. What action is happening in the poem? Is there a story taking place in the poem? Is the poet reacting to an event? Describe.
Edgar is describing his future love. They were only kids when they met, but Edgar knew he loved her. His is telling the story of how they met and grew up together. He tells how she dies and he has to live with that.He knew he would fall in love with her too! Yes it does tell a story. Edgar is reacting fairly well. He seems to be showing his love for Annabel.
English - Vanessa, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:38pm
Annabel Lee poem
English - Writeacher, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:47pm
"future love" ????
Everything else reads OK.
English - Vanessa, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:50pm
UMMM we live in the 20 century .....
English - Writeacher, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:56pm
You have to tell the story from Edgar's perspective, and he did not live in the 20th or 21st century.
English - Vanessa, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:57pm
I know what future means , Thanks though!!
English - bobpursley, Friday, December 14, 2012 at 6:24am
Vanessa: Think on this. Poe was a drunk, and prone to deep depression. He often wrote in dark despair.
Poe's wife Virginia had died two years earlier of tuberculosis. She had been the sole spark in his life, aside from writing. He and Virginia were married when she was 13 years old...she definitely was a child bride, but still, the love of his life.
Now reread the poem: it is a tribute to his enduring love for Virginia, and very reflective of his enduring depression, which in time, without Virginia, cost him dearly. Today, he would function well on meds, but then, all he could find solace in was alcohol, and dark moods.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English lit - I need to write a explication about this poem, can you help? A ...
- English - CHECK PLEASE?! Part 1: Poem Structure "Annbel lee" by edgar allen poe ...
- English - Part 1: Poem Structure "Annbel lee" by edgar allen poe Check PLEASE...
- English 10-Check/Help - Part 1: Poem Structure Check my following answers below...
- English - We met by yonder cherry tree. I glanced at her she winked at me. I ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- English - I did not really understand the poem, Moon Rondeau. Here is the lyrics...
- litearture - do you know what's the titile of this poem? (Love is ill suited ...
- english - there is some unknown poet called M.T. Buckley whom seems to be known ...