Posted by maxy on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 6:36pm.
there was a total of 840 guests at a wedding dinner. 60% of them were adults, and the rest were children. some boys left before the dessert was served. as a result, the percentage of adults increased to 70%. how many boys left before the dessert was served
- algebra - Damon, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 7:12pm
840 - b total
336 - b children
504 adults = .7(840 -b)
- algebra - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 5:23pm
- algebra - Mathster, Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 10:10pm
120 boys left before dessert was served
- algebra - JOHN CENA, Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 2:37pm
60% = 504
30% = 336
Solve by Proportion
504/336-x = 7/3
2352 - 7x = 1512
-7x = -840
x = 120
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 1) There were a total of 840 guests at a wedding dinner. 60% of them were...
- math - A charity fund-raiser consisted of a spaghetti dinner where a total of ...
- math probability - Formulate but do not solve the problem. A theater has a ...
- maths - Tickets for the Universal Studios amusement park are priced at $32 for ...
- Math - Chocolate chip: Adults=5 Children=10 Peanut butter: Adults=8 Children=6 ...
- math - The equation C = 500 + 50x describes the total cost of a wedding ...
- math/ geometry - Write the statement in symbols using the p and q given below. ...
- Catering - 6. At a party, it's sometimes permissible for serving personnel to A...
- algebra - I'm confused. Can you help? "The community pool charges $8.00 for ...
- math - Len is baking a square cake for his friend wedding. When served to the ...