Posted by David on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 1:26pm.
Find the width of a recctangle that has a length of 48 cm a diagonal of 50 cm.
Math help - Reiny, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 1:31pm
w^2 + 48^2 = 50^2
solve for w
Math help - Bosnian, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 1:39pm
d = diagonal
L = Length
W = Width
d ^ 2 = L ^ 2 + W ^ 2
50 ^ 2 = 48 ^ 2 + W ^ 2
2500 = 2304 + W ^ 2 Subtract 2304 to both sides
2500 - 2304 = 2304 + W ^ 2 - 2304
196 = W ^ 2
W = sqrt ( 196 )
W = + OR - 14
Width can't be negative so
W = 14 cm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math. fast please! - The length of a rectangle is 3 cm and the width is 2 cm. ...
- Math 11 - I need help on this math problem. The width of a certain painting is ...
- Math!Please Help.! - Hi.-It's Margie and I have a Math Lab to do but I don't get...
- Math - I need help on this math problem. The width of a certain painting is 5cm...
- Math question? - Calculate the length of the diagonal for the given rectangular ...
- math - I have to find the area of a kite. I am only given part of the longest ...
- Math - 1. Choose a room you would like to decorate. Measure its length or width...
- Geometry - The length of a rectangle is 1cm longer than its width. If the ...
- ALGEBRA - The size of a television is given by the length of the diagonal of the...
- math algebra 1 - The length of a rectangle is 2 m less than the diagonal and the...