Posted by Victoria on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 11:05am.
Answers On bottom.
Electrostatic interaction is important for which type of bond?
A. ionic bond
B. triple covalent bond
C. single covalent bond
D. double covalent bond
When an atom gains or loses valence electrons and becomes charged, it is known as a(n) _____.
A. covalent bond
When an atom loses electrons, its charge becomes _____.
When an atom gains electrons, its charge becomes _____.
An atom that has lost electrons and has become positively charged is called a(n) _____.
B. covalent bond
D. valence electron
An atom that has gained electrons and has become negatively charged is called a(n) _____.
A. covalent bond
B. valence electron
Three dimensional networks made by cations and anions surrounding each other are --
A. ionic solids
B. ionic liquids
C. single covalent bonds
D. double covalent bonds
A) ionic solids
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Check? Answers On bottom. Electrostatic interaction is important for...
- Chemistry - Check? Answers On bottom. Electrostatic interaction is important ...
- chemistry - in a 300-500 word essay distinguish between an ionic bond, a ...
- chemistry - A pair of electrons shared by two atoms form a what? a-metallic bond...
- Science: Chemical Bonds - Two nonmetals from group 16 are likely to form a: ...
- Science - To form an oxygen molecule (O2), two oxygen atoms share two pairs of ...
- Chemistry - Hi! Can you tell me if I chose the right options for my chemistry ...
- chemistry - DrBob? - Hi! Can you tell me if I chose the right options for my ...
- Science - 10. Metal cations are atoms that have a positive charge. What type of ...
- ap biology - Molecules that result from this bond do not dissociate in water ...