Posted by Anya on Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 2:35am.
determine the pH of a 0.116 M Ba(OH)2 solution at 25 degrees C.
i keep getting 13.06 for this answer, but the answer is 13.37 :S
what i do is i take the negative log of the concentration which is 0.9355 which is pOH.
i know that pH = 14 - pOH
so i get pH = 13.06
where am i going wrong ? :S
thanks for help in advance!
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 2:45am
haha I'm guessing your studying off the old chemistry multiple choice exam for tommorow's chemistry exam at ryerson?
- Chemistry - bobpursley, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 2:52am
You assumed barium hydroxide is totally dissociated. The solubility product constant is 5E-3.
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 3:15am
Anya, do you know how to do number 4 on the final chemistry exam. Please tell me.
- Chemistry - Anya , Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 3:34am
i figured it out, i have to multiple the concentration by 2 because of the 2 hydroxides right?
and yes i do know # 4
you want to convert 0.0354 mg/mL at 1 atm to mol/L at 0.00036 atm.
(0.0354 mg/mL) x ( 0.00036)
= 1.2744 x 10^-5 mg*CO / mL
then you just want to convert units)
1.27 *10^-5 mg*CO/mL is 1.27 * 10 ^-5 g/L
multiply that by 1 mole CO/ 28 g
yyou get 4.5 * 10 ^ -7
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 4:04am
Yeah I see what you did. I did the same thing in a slightly different way and got 4.5X10^-5. I see my mistake now
then you cross multiplied and then converted the value 1.27X10^-5 from grams to mols.
Do you know how to do 6 can you tell me?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 8th Grade Algebra- Answer Check - Solve each system of equations, give the ...
- PLEASE HELP ME! PLEASE! - 1 )3x + 8y = 1 7x + 4y = 17 Answer: (3,1) 2) -3x + 5y...
- Chemistry - Calculate the concentration (% W/V) of NaCl solution that was made ...
- Calculus - Determine whether the integral is divergent or convergent. If it is ...
- MATH - 64 negative cubed divided by 4 to the negative fifth. the answer is 1/256...
- Chemistry - A 10.0-mL solution of 0.300 M NH3 is titrated with a 0.100 M HCl ...
- Math - One angle of an isosceles triangle is 28°. What are the other 2 angles? (...
- Pre-Calculus follow up question Reiny - Determine the number of triangles that ...
- Chemistry - A solution is prepared by adding of KOH to 1 liter of water. The ...
- Math - how do you solve this I keep trying and I keep getting the wrong answer. ...