Posted by confused--please help on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 8:37pm.
Find the average rate of change
f(x)=x^3-8x+9 a. from -3 to -2
b. from -1 to 5
c. from 5 to 9
A. what is average rate of change of f(x)=x^3-8x+9 from -3 to -2?
B. what is the average rate of change of f(x)-x^3-8x+9 from -1 to 5?
C. what is the average rate of change of f(x)=x^3-8x+9 from 5 to 9?
Please show work
calculus - drwls, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 8:49pm
How about if someone shows you how to do one and you do the rest?
The average of f'(x) over an interval a to b is the area under the f'(x) curve, divided by (b - a).
That equals f(b) - f(a), because the area under f'(x) dx is the integral, f(x)
A. f(-2) - f(-3) = -8 +16 +9
-(-27) -24 -9 = ?
calculus - confused--please help, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 9:16pm
a. is the answer -6
calculus - drwls, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 10:51pm
That is not what I get adding the numbers I gave you, but maybe I made a mistake.
I get +11
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - for f(x)=-x^2 +1, which value is the largest magnitude? a) average ...
- calculus - is average rate of change and average value the same or will you get ...
- Math - Find the average rate of change in height of the orange from t=2 to t=5...
- calculus - You are working as assistant to a major movie producer from Hollywood...
- calculus (rate of change) - consider the function f(x)=x^2-6x+12 a. find the ...
- Calculus - Let F(s)=5s2+5s+4 . Find a value of d greater than 0 such that the ...
- calculus - Let F(s)=5s2+1s+4. Find a value of d greater than 0 such that the ...
- Calculus Rate of Change - Find the average rate of change h(x)=2x^2-4 from x=2 ...
- calculus - i'm not sure how to do this. can someone help, please? thanks! ...
- ---college algebra (average rate of change)--- - Find the average rate of change...