Posted by Rebekah on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 8:04pm.
1. if P(t)=3e^2t, for what value does P(t)= 2P(2)
2. Find all x for which the square root of log (x)= log square root of x
- logarithms - Reiny, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 12:39am
1. If P(t) =3P(2)
then 3e^(2t) = 2(3e^(4t)
e^(2t) = 2 (e^2t)^2
let e^2t = y
y = 2y^2
2y^2 - y = 0
y(2y -1) = 0
y = 0 or y = 1/2
e^2t = 0 ---> no solution
e^2t = 1/2
ln (e^2t) = ln (1/2) = ln1 - ln2 = -ln2
2t = -ln2
t = (-1/2)ln 2
2. √(log(x)) = log (√x) = log x^(1/2) = (1/2) logx
let logx = y
√ y = (1/2)y
y = (1/4)y^2
4y = y^2
y^2 - 4y = 0
y (y - 4) = 0
y = 0 or y = 4
logx = 0 or logx = 4
x = 10^0 = 1 OR x = 10^4 = 10000
- logarithms - Reiny, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 12:48am
My error for #1, see "bobpursley's" answer
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Precalculus - PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE QUESTION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! Evaluate...
- precalc - 1. if P(t)=3e^2t, for what value does P(t)= 2P(2) 2. Find all x for ...
- math - write as a single logarithm: -2logbase3(1/x)+(1/3)logbase3(square root of...
- Algebra - Rationalize each expression by building perfect nth root factors for ...
- MATH - I have 2 questions the first I have narrowed down to 2 possible solutions...
- Algebra 2 once more - I have more answers that I would like checked. Also, there...
- Math - Just need some help... Directions: Multiply or raise to the power as ...
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed ...
- Math Help! - Four students worked to find an estimate for square root 22. Who is...
- Math ~CHECK MY ANSWER~ - 1) Which of these is a rational number? a. Pi b. Square...