Posted by Marie on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 5:11pm.
Select the correct verb form:
A) Neither the doctor nor the nurse was able to stop the bleeding.
B) Neither the doctor nor the nurse were able to stop the bleeding.
I answered B
Grammar - BaileyBubble, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 5:12pm
Grammar - BaileyBubble, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 5:14pm
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 5:16pm
B is not the correct answer.
"Neither" is singular, so the verb must also be singular.
Bailey -- please don't confuse other students with your ill-informed answers~
Grammar - BaileyBubble, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 5:19pm
im so sorry im confusing others with my "ill formed answers". its not like im doing it on purpose. and fyi, this is the first answer I gave that was wrong. and for that I apologize to Marie.
Grammar - BaileyBubble, Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 5:23pm
I just reread that and it sounded rude. ms. sue im not trying to be rude. sorry.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - In which sentence are the "conjunctions" used correctly? 1) Either ...
- English - Choose the correct word or phrase to fill in the blank. Neither her ...
- Law and ethics in Med - please check my answers thanks :) Question: Give an ...
- english - Neither her associates nor the doctor __________ the surgery is ...
- maths - The total number of people in a survey is T. The number of males in the ...
- Grammar - Rewrite each of these sentences, correcting any errors in subject-verb...
- English - Neither I nor she will able to climb the tree. Neither I or she will ...
- kendy - which of the following sentences demonstrates correct subject verb ...
- health - 1.why is it necessary to make a pressure bandage for a bleeding injury ...
- English - In which sentence are the conjunctions used correctly? 1. Either Fred ...