Posted by Andrea on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 8:44pm.
I have the answers will you just tell me if I'm right? This is for my final study guide.
The Compromise of 1850 affected which states an/or Territiries?
A. Texas, New Mexico, California
B. Utah, Texas, California
C. CALIFORNIA, OREGON, AND MISSIOUR
D. Texas, arkansas, missouri
E. Cali, Utah, New Mexico
(I CHOSE C)
"I know no class of my fellow men, however just, enlightened and humane which can be wisely and safely trust absolutely with the liberties of any other class."
This is a quote but what I need to know is do the words best reflect the philosophy of:
A SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT
(I CHOSE A SOUTHERN DEMOCRATE)
President Lincoln argued that his suspension of certain civil liberties during the civil war was justified because:
A. IT WAS NECESSARY TO VIOLATE SOME CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS IN ORDER TO SAVE THE UNION.
B. it was the only way to convice the south to rejoin the union.
C. during wartime the President is allowed to take all measures necessary to save the Union.
D. he stated that he would revoke some civil liberties in his inaugural adress
E. the south had suceded, which left him no other options.
(I CHOSE A)
All of the following were political effects of the Emancipation Proclomation EXCEPT:
A. many blacks joined the Union Amry to support those tho had upheld their freedom.
B. Northerners supported Republicans in the congressional election of 1862.
C. Support for Lincoln's adminisstration declined in the north
D. Europe no longer felt intervention in the war was necessary
E. abolotionist approved on the measure and sought stricter enforcement.
(I'M NOT REALLY SURE ON THIS ONE BUT I THINK IT MIGHT BE E)
Thanks for helping me and checking my work.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - 4.)During the 1820s and 1830s, many people settled in texas an ...
- Geography - Mexico’s maquiladora program has been a central feature of the U.S./...
- History - 3. Support for the Mexican-American War are most closely connected ...
- social studies - what main reason did congress initially refuse to annex texas ...
- history - While the United States referred to the conflict with Mexico as the ...
- HISTORY - The minister sent to Mexico in 1845 had strict orders to accomplish ...
- hhisttorry - Which "act of Mexico herself," referred to by President Polk in ...
- Ap History - Hi i had these questions wrong :/ The North and South held ...
- History (PLEASE) stuck - What did President James Polk hope to gain as a result...
- social studies - As a result of the mexican war, the united states a. gained ...