Posted by Jerald on Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:39pm.
There are 18 students in Mrs. Meek's 1st period class. Ten of those students are boys. Which of the following shows the ratio of girls to boys
A.10 to 18
B.10 to 8
C.4 to 5
D.4 to 9
The Science classes at Hutson have a student count of 9 males and 15 females.The art classes have the same ratio but are smaller in size. Which of the following can represent the student count of males and females in the Art class?
A. 3 to 5
B.18 to 30
C.3 to 9
D.12 to 18
Kim's target is to burn 132 calories while walking on the treadmill in the gym. She burned 1/3 of those calories in the first 4 minutes. Based on this info which of the following is a reasonable conclusion
A.Kim burned 50% of her targeted calories in 4 minutes
B.It took kim 20 minutes to burn 132 calories
C.Kim burned about 30 calories in 4 min
D.Kim burned more than 80 calories after 8 min
- Math - Damon, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:41pm
Now wait a minute. What do you think the answer to the first question is?
Hint - there are 8 girls
Try first. Ask us later.
- Math - Jerald, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:42pm
I put C.
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:51pm
No. Neither D nor C is the answer to the first question. Please read the question carefully.
The other two answers are right.
- Math - Damon, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:54pm
I got C too. 8/10 = 4/5
I did not see his answers
- Math - Jerald, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:55pm
I dont get how C is wrong. The ratio for girls to boys is 8/10 and it rounds to 4/5
- math -- oops! Sorry! - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:57pm
Ooops! Sorry I was the one who didn't read carefully. Of course, you and Damon are correct.
- Math - Jerald, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:59pm
Okay Thank you!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math 1350 - Mrs. Smith's classroom can hold at the most 30 students. Her first ...
- math - This table shows the numbers of students in different classes that are in...
- math - fifteen out of 25 students in Mrs. Smith's class are boys. what is the ...
- Math 156 - The ratio of girls to boys in Mr. Maddox's class of 20 students is 3:...
- math - A class of 25 students has 10 boys. Three boys have braces and 4 girls ...
- math - There are 27 students in Mrs. Reeds class. The number of boys and number...
- math - Math word problem: There are 25 students in Mrs. Roberts 3rd grade class...
- Math - Mr. Kole has 30 students in his class. He has twice as many girls as boys...
- math - there are 13 boys and 14 girls in mrs greens class if 3 of the students ...
- math - Amir's class has 24 students. There are 15 boys in the class. Whitch of ...