Posted by Hshdhdhdhdjdjdjdjjsjshsgshshs on Monday, December 10, 2012 at 12:57am.
the acceleration of a car is 2m/s^2 and another car has constant velocity of 35m/s.what time the first car overtake the car with constant velocity of the first car?
draw and show solution
- physics math - Reiny, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 9:00am
a = 2 m/s^2
v = 2t + c
when t = 0 , v = 0 m/s
0 = 0 + c , so c=0
so v = 2t
d = t^2 + k
when t = 0, d = 0
0 = 0 + k, so k=0
for 1st car: d = t^2
v = 35
d = 35t + c
when t= 0 , d = 0 , so c = 0
for 2nd car : d = 35t
so we want t^2 = 35t
t^2 - 35t = 0
t(t-35) = 0
t = 0 , (at the start they both had traveled no distance)
t = 35
the 1st car will catch the second car in 35 seconds
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Terzulum - a car A is 200m behind car B both are traveling in the same direction...
- physics - Car A is travelling at 22.0 m/s and car B at 29.0 m/s. Car A is 300 m ...
- Physics - Car A is traveling at 18 m/s and car B at 25 m/s. Car A is 300m behind...
- Physics - a red car and a green car move toward each other in adjacent lanes and...
- physics - In the figure here, a red car and a green car move toward each other ...
- Physics - A car starts from rest and accelerates at a rate of 1 m/s^2 until it ...
- Physics - A red car and a green car, identical except for the color, move toward...
- PHYSICS - a car traveling at a constant velocity of 30 m/sec passes an ...
- PHYSICS - A car traveling at a constant velocity of 30.0 m/sec passes an ...
- Physics - Two cars cover the same distance in a straight line. Car A covers the...