Posted by dan on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 8:14pm.
steve can you explain step by step please
8x=5y and 3y=14z then 12x= how many z's
math steve - Steve, Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 8:20pm
you know that 8x = 5y
you know that 3y=14z
since 5 = (5/3)*3, 5y = (5/3)*(3y) so,
5y = (5/3)(3y) = (5/3)(14z) = (70/3)z
now you have 5y, which is the same as 8x. You want 12x.
since 12 = (3/2)*8, 12x = (3/2)*8x.
12x = (3/2)(8x) = (3/2)(5y) = (3/2)(70/3)z = (70/2)z = 35z
Don't know how I can clear it up any more.
math steve - Damon, Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 8:21pm
3 y = 14 z
y = (14/3) z
8 x = 5 (14/3) z
x = (5/8)(14/3)z
12 x = 12(5/8)(14/3)z = 35 z
math steve - Kevin, Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 12:01pm
When you have time can you please step in how did you resolve this problem?
Reason to follow up is how did you get 2's and 3's
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math (steve for your help) - 0.224g sample the contained only bacl2 and kbr ...
- Math - you know that 8x = 5y you know that 3y=14z since 5 = (5/3)*3, 5y = (5/3...
- math - Stacy and Steve each have brownies of equal size,as shown. Stacy cuts her...
- Trigonomrtry - I had asked help for a question and Steve gave me this answer on ...
- algebra sir reiny sir steve&bob damon help - plz help me sir steve 3x^2=x^x find...
- Algebra help - f(x)=x^3-4x^2-x+4 How do I find the x-intercept for this? This is...
- math Steve form your help - 50gm of a mixture of ca(OH)2 is dissolved in 50ml of...
- Math - 1.64g of a mixture of cac03 and mgc03 was dissolved in 50ml of 0.8M hcl. ...
- Math - Please help solve and explain it, thank you. 1. Juan, Steve and Gabriella...
- college algebra - I need help bad. Don't know which formula to use. Please ...