Posted by mandy on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 2:54pm.
Could some one PLEASE check my answers
Competition among co-wives in a polygynous household is reduced when:
****(a) Sororal polygyny is practiced.
co-wives all live in the same household and share the same kitchen.
the wives all live together.
the co-wives father had multiple wives.
2. Horticulturalists use all of the following cultivation methods except:
****(A)Allowing fields to remain fallow.
irrigating their fields.
using fully domesticated plants.
preparing the soil.
3. Headmen /headwomen depend on __________ to lead:
4. An immediate return system means:
the consumption of food occurs immediately after it is foraged.
you must immediately return it to the owner if you don’t want it.
once you kill an animal you must return home.
****(D)Once you kill an animal you must leave a gift to the ancestors thanking them for providing food.
5. Descent groups are:
groups who come together to complete a task.
****(D)Groups that can trace their relationship through real or fictive kinship.
6. Typical characteristics of Band societies include:
dependence on outside populations to acquire resources.
****Exploitation of local plants and animals.
development of permanent settlements.
accumulation of material wealth.
7. Which of the following terms describes the switch to cultivation and the origins of plant domestication in human history?
8. Benefits of cross cousin marriages in Australian Aboriginal societies are that it:
prohibits the sexual relations between certain categories of kin.
**** Expands the pool of marriageable women.
involves the marriage of the same sex siblings children.
increases conflict between bands.
9. The maximum number of people a region can support, given its resources, and the way humans exploit them is called:
10. When a married couple resides with the bride’s parents, it is called:
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 5:39pm
2, 4, and 7 are wrong.
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - Anonymous, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 7:59pm
Answer this Question
English - Select the answer that contains the correct punctuation for the ...
Womens History - In the period leading up to the Revolutionary War, women's ...
Inclusive Language—Quoting from Biased Material - The mayors and their wives ...
Statistics - Are husbands older than wives? do i use the number of how many men ...
Counseling - Hello, I need help with this question, What factors in today's ...
can someone proofread this ASAP! Please! - In a marriage, I believe that a ...
check - #19, Inclusive Language-Quoting from Biased Material - The mayors and ...
Anthropology - Dowry is most likely to be found in societies: (Points : 1) 1)...
math - three men and their wives were given $5400. the wives together received $...
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION - What is "(sic)" 19. Inclusive language-quoting from ...