Posted by Sara on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 8:32am.
8s+ 12 = 16, 6s+ 9t = 12 solve by substitution
- Algebra - Reiny, Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 10:37am
I think you have a typo and you should have 12t in the first equation
If so, then drwls made the following observation
- Algebra - khan, Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 11:43pm
8s+12=16............. equation 1
6s+9t=12............. equation 2
Multiply equation 1 by 3 and equation 2 by 4 and subtract.
- - - (sign will change when sub)
put t=1 in equation 2
LHS=RHS so your answer is correct
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - i need help with these problems (either a solution or how to plug them...
- Substitution Method-Plz help - Use the Substitution method to solve the system ...
- math - solve each system of equations by substitution. y=3x-9 please help ...
- Algebra 1 - bobpursey, In this problem you helped me with earlier: Solve using ...
- Algebra - Can someone please help solve this? Solve by using addition or ...
- substitution method - Solve by substitution method please help me solve this. I ...
- algebra 1 - Solve the Foll by substitution x=1/5y 3x+2y=26 So, substitute 1/5y ...
- Algebra - Solve: 3x-2y=10 2x+3y=-2 Graph: Substitution: Elimination: Show Your ...
- Algebra 2 (Math) - Solve by the system of equations by substitution. x + 2y + z...
- Algebra 2 - Solve by Substitution x + 2y + z = 14 y = z + 1 x = -3z + 6