Posted by Bob on Friday, December 7, 2012 at 4:11pm.
ABC has vertices A(0, 6), B(4, 6), and C(1, 3). Sketch a graph of ABC and use it to find the orthocenter of ABC. Then list the steps you took to find the orthocenter, including any necessary points or slopes you had to derive.
- Math - Steve, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 4:41pm
pick a vertex.
find the slope of the perpendicular to the opposite side.
find the equation of the line with that slope, going through the vertex.
pick another vertex and repeat
find the intersection of the two lines.
That's the orthocenter.
- Math - Bobby Fett, Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 1:35pm
Find the equation of two of those altitudes.
Solve the two equations to find their intersection point.
Make a rough sketch
Pick any point and find the slope of the opposite side.
The slope of the altitude to that side is the negative reciprocal of the slope of that side.
Now you have the slope and a point on that line, find the equation for the line.
Repeat the above for a second altitude, solve the two equations.
PS, just noticed how nice your points are. One of the lines is a horizontal line, so the altitude from (1,3) to that line is x = 1
- Math - theo, Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 8:18pm
- Math - dickulees, Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:14am
please let me cum in your mouth
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry PLEASE HELP ME - ABC has vertices A(0, 6), B(4, 6), and C(1, 3). Sketch...
- Orthocenter Question - Triangle ABC has vertices A(0,6), B(4,6) and C(1,3) Find...
- maths - ABC is an acute triangle with ∠BCA=35∘. Denote the ...
- maths - ABC is an acute triangle with \angle BCA = 35 ^\circ. Denote the ...
- Geometry - ABC is an acute triangle with \angle BCA = 35 ^\circ. Denote the ...
- Geometry - Let ABC be any triangle. Equilateral triangles BCX, ACY, and BAZ are...
- Geometry - Let O and H be the circumcenter and orthocenter of triangle ABC, ...
- Geometry - in triangle ABC, BD bisects <ABC, <ABD = 4x + 6 and m<DBC = ...
- Math - A(-11,8)B(2,-6) and C(-19,-8) are the vertices of Triangle ABC. N(X,Y) is...
- math - Point A and B of a triangle ABC are at (-1,1) and (3,9), respectively; ...