Posted by Lily on Friday, December 7, 2012 at 9:44am.
Choose the option that correctly identifies the words in () in each sentence.
5. (Stretching for 210 miles) , the Thames is in England. (1 point)
6. (Eating flesh with razor-sharp teeth) is how piranhas survive. (1 point)
7. (Caleb was a basketball player from Knoxville High School). (1 point)
8. The sisters snuggled together( so that they would stay warm). (1 point)
9. (When she returned from Paris, she took up baking on a regular basis. )
10. (As soon as the rain stopped,) a flood of children appeared. (1 point)
11. The musical metal wind chimes are hanging on the porch (that my sister made.) (1 point)
12. The young girl was not pressured by what (other children said.) (1 point)
- Reading - Lily, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 9:54am
I think the answers are
- Reading - Writeacher, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 10:09am
All the others are incorrect. Go back and study (= memorize) all these terms and try again.
- Reading - Juian, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 10:22am
12c i think this is the answer
- Reading - Jenet, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 10:27am
no i think it's
- Reading - Writeacher, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 10:28am
Stop switching names. It's completely unnecessary.
- Reading - Writeacher, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 10:30am
5c - correct
6b - correct
7a - correct
8b - correct
9c - incorrect
10b - correct
11a - correct
12d - Double-check what should be in parentheses.
- Reading - chloe', Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 11:13am
so it is
b or d
a or b
- Reading - DUDE01, Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 3:07pm
i am doing the same test and i am just about to turn it in but i think 9 is d and 12 is a
- Reading - John, Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 7:07pm
Can anyone help me with 12?
- Reading - Jewlz, Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 9:43pm
I just got 21/22 on that test(:
- Language Arts - Rodco, Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 11:58am
1 - Joshua won the school's essay contest three years in a row.
complex sentence <----
2 - Singing loudly in the shower is what Jessica loves to do every morning.
gerund phrase <-----
Are they right??
Answer this Question
- English - This is what I think they are 1."Leaving their native land to colonize...
- English - Select the letter of the choice that correctly identifies the ...
- Language Arts - Im not really sure about these. But i just put what i think, ...
- Language Arts - I just need someone to double check my work. :) Here are my ...
- English - 4. (Landing in New England) caused much disappointment among the ...
- english - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s) in...
- Lang. Arts - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s...
- College English 101 - On these we had to say if the sentence is Prepositional ...
- college - Write a sentence of at least 150 words—no substituting semicolons or ...
- language - Identify the capitalized words in each sentence. HOLDING THE ...