Posted by spazed out on Friday, December 7, 2012 at 1:58am.
I have two questions please
1.for the given equation list the intercepts and test for symmetry
2. for the midpoint of the line segment from p_1 to P_2 is (-5,4). if P_1=(-2,2) what is P_2?
Please show work
- calculus - Reiny, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 8:01am
49x^2 + y^2 = 49
divided by 49
x^2 / 1 + y^2 / 49 = 1
an ellipse :
x-intercepts: (1,0) , (-1,0)
y-intercepts: (0,7), (0, -7)
for the x of P2:
(x-2)/2 = -5
x-2 = -10
x = -8
for the y of P2:
(y+2)/2 = 4
y+2 = 8
y = 6
P2 is (-8,6)
the midpoint between (-8,6) and (-2,2) is ( -5,4)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- calculus - The midppoint of the line segment from P_1 to P_2 is (-5,4). If P_1...
- calculus - find the distance d (P_1 & P_2) between points P_1 and P_1. P_1=(-3,3...
- calculus - find the midpoint of the line segment joining the points P_1 and P_2...
- calculus - find the distance d(P_1 & P_1) between points P_1 and P_2. P_1=(4,-5)...
- college algebra - find the equation of the line that is parallel to the line y=...
- calculus - find the distanced(p_1&P_2) between points P_1 and P_2. P_1=(4,-5) ...
- Physics help - A gas sample enclosed in a rigid metal container at room ...
- math - Let P_1 P_2 ... P_18 be a regular 18-gon. Show that P_1 P_10, P_2 P_13, ...
- physics - If for the pipe carrying water in a building, h = 220 meters, v_1 = 3...
- math - for the given equation, list the intercepts and test for symmetry. y=x^2-...