Posted by margaret on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 8:31pm.
Many people are surprised to learn how __1__ poverty is __2__ America. Today millions live below the poverty line, and the number seems to escalate daily. Judy and Martin Reed exemplify the old saying, “Opposites attract.” A __3__ Judy chooses work that brings her into constant contact with others. ___4___, Marty prefers jobs in which he mainly works alone. Ever since the __5__ experience of finding her twelve – year-old son dead from a drug overdoses, Sophie has been a strong __6__ of mandatory drug education in the public schools. If drug education isn’t required, she says, schools cut corners and omit it. My mother __7__ that Romeo and Juliet is the most __8__story ever written, but my sister claims Love Story is more moving. Mahatma Gandhi’s ___9__ and vision inspired millions of fellow Indians to join him enthusiastically in the __10__ for peaceful solutions to national problems. Gandhi incorporated nonviolence and political activism into a highly effective method for social change: passive resistance.
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 8:40pm
Only 4 are correct >> 3, 5, 6, and 10
- ENGLISH - margaret, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 8:57pm
I did look them up
1. charisma - personal appeal
2. contemporary – current
3. contend – to declare
4. conversely – in contrast
5. extrovert – a sociable person
6. poignant – affecting the emotions
7. prevalent – found frequently
8. proponent – an supporter
9. quest – a hunt
10. traumatic - upsetting
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:08pm
They are still wrong. I'll get you started -- and then you see if you can figure the others out.
Many people are surprised to learn how _prevalent_ poverty is _contemporary_ America. Today millions live below the poverty line, and the number seems to escalate daily. Judy and Martin Reed exemplify the old saying,
- ENGLISH - margaret, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:30pm
ty i was headed down the right path now... i just got and typed 1 and 2 backwards.
- ENGLISH - margaret, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:36pm
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:40pm
7 and 8 are still wrong.
- ENGLISH - margaret, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:44pm
thank you so much i am ready for a break from school...
- ENGLISH - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:52pm
You're very welcome.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Many people are surprised to learn how __1__ poverty is __2__ America...
- socials - how poverty defined in canada? person living in poverty in canada have...
- social Studies - I have been looking for the census data for Dallas County in ...
- english - please help me tell which of the following would be better as a thesis...
- 2 English questions - What is the old woman’s perspective on poverty as shown in...
- Poverty - Why is important to fight against poverty? these people in poverty are...
- Geography - #62. Taken as a whole, what would you say is the single most ...
- social history hs (poverty) - I can't seem to find a good website on the history...
- algebra - if 11% of the 210 million adult Americans live in poverty, how many ...
- Economics - My teacher give an investigation. Topic is easay of poverty include ...