Posted by This Girl on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 2:52pm.
__________ is one type of genetic engineering, in which a normal allele is placed into a virus. (1 point)
A color blind test
Human insulin can be produced by _______, which introduces DNA from one organism into a _______. (1 point)
gene therapy; virus
selective breeding; plant
genetic engineering; vaccine
recombinant DNA; bacterium
Which of these is used to improve the phenotype of plants? (1 point)
Which is a genetic disorder that gene therapy may correct? (1 point)
type I diabetes
My answers are:
1. Gene Therapy
2. recombinant DNA; bacterium
Was I correct?
- This is Urgent Science - Anonymous, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 4:41pm
1 and 2, yes
3 and 4, no
Improving phenotype has to due with reproduction and offspring. Not regular mitotic division. Selective breeding is method used to get desired traits by controlling reproduction.
AIDS is Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome which is passed from person to person generally via blood. Thus, it is not a disease that gene therapy could correct. The question asks for a genetic disorder which rules out tetanus (caused by a bacteria) and AIDS (caused by a virus). Type I diabetes is a bit deceptive...it is strongly genetic, but cystic fibrosis is definitely the answer. So Cystic fibrosis.
- This is Urgent Science - This Girl, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 4:44pm
Thank you Anonymous. Hey what grade are you in? 7th?
- This is Urgent Science - This Girl, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 4:46pm
So is it cystic fibrosis? for number 4?
- This is Urgent Science - Anonymous, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 5:09pm
I am a senior in college, biochemistry is my major quite a bit further than 7th, but if this is the stuff you get taught in 7th grade then you go to a pretty good school.
Cystic fibrosis is what I would pick for number 4.
- This is Urgent Science - This Girl, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 5:17pm
I took the test and yes the school is pretty. I go to connections. Capistrano connections academy.
- This is Urgent Science - Anonymous, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 5:27pm
Seems like a decent school. Good luck with future classes and grades!
- This is Urgent Science - This Girl, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 6:01pm
- This is Urgent Science - Somebody, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 1:57pm
I go to CenCA Connections Academy. lol xD
- This is Urgent Science - Just a girl, Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 4:26pm
smart, she is not stupid. Maybe you need to think before you say.
This girl, you did a very good job. :-)
- This is Urgent Science - PersonWhoKnowsThings, Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 3:08pm
Smart isn't smart he's just rude. This girl its a TEST not a work with people to find the answer exercise. This is cheating, its a good thing you're not leaving your name or connections would find you and you'd be in trouble. I go to ORCA :3
- This is Urgent Science - Talia, Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 6:00pm
All of the people here are cheating, you wouldn't find this if you didn't look.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - 1. __________ is one type of genetic engineering, in which a normal ...
- Science help needed - Posted by This Girl on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:...
- Science - Scientists have inserted the gene for human insulin into bacteria. ...
- Plz check - 1. Blood type in humans is controlled by ____ alleles with an ...
- BIOLOGY - HELP URGENT!!!! - How do the following terms relate to one another ...
- biology help - color blindness is a sex linked disorder caused by recessive ...
- science - can a color blind female have a son that has normal vision? color ...
- Biology - Genetic engineering is the manipulation of genes using cloning and ...
- life science - ok i really need help. like really bad. cant figure it out. ok ...
- 7th grade science - 1. How many chromosomes do human sex cells have? (1 point) ...