Posted by Sandia on .
(1)It was December 7, 1941.
(2) The freighter Florentine, 320 miles northeast of the Hawaiian Island of Hilo was lumbering along at about 15 knots when the garbled message came in over the radio:
(3) “Attack on Pearl Harbor; This is not a drill!”
(4)With the message burned into his mind, First Mate Lovett all but ran up the ladder to the bridge.
(5) “Pearl harbor,” He choked out, “It’s been attacked!”
(6) Turning away from the ship’s compass, Captain Steele Looked at Lovett with narrowed eyes but made no reply.
(7) “Should we change course, Skipper?” Lovett blurted.
(8) Steel looked back at the ship’s compass but still had nothing to say.
(9) Lovett was beginning to feel frantic.
(10) In measured tones he said, “this message said, “this is no drill.” Should we still make for Kodiak?”
In which sentence are quotation marks used incorrectly?
A. Sentence 5
B. Sentence 7
C. Sentence 3
D. Sentence 10
I think the answer is "D" Sentence 10
You're right; the quotation marks are used incorrectly in sentence 10.
However, both 3 and 5 have other punctuation and/or capitalization errors.
I hope you miscopied these sentences and they weren't the errors of the assignment maker.
Thank you Ms. Sue
You're welcome, Sandia.
Look for missing commas in the passage. After which of thes words should a comma be added?
A. Sentence 6, "Steele"
B. Sentence 2, "Hilo"
C. Sentence 4, "Lovett"
D. Sentence 8, "but"
I think the answer is "D" Sentence 8.
Answer is "B"