Posted by Sandia on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:11pm.
(1)It was December 7, 1941.
(2) The freighter Florentine, 320 miles northeast of the Hawaiian Island of Hilo was lumbering along at about 15 knots when the garbled message came in over the radio:
(3) “Attack on Pearl Harbor; This is not a drill!”
(4)With the message burned into his mind, First Mate Lovett all but ran up the ladder to the bridge.
(5) “Pearl harbor,” He choked out, “It’s been attacked!”
(6) Turning away from the ship’s compass, Captain Steele Looked at Lovett with narrowed eyes but made no reply.
(7) “Should we change course, Skipper?” Lovett blurted.
(8) Steel looked back at the ship’s compass but still had nothing to say.
(9) Lovett was beginning to feel frantic.
(10) In measured tones he said, “this message said, “this is no drill.” Should we still make for Kodiak?”
In which sentence are quotation marks used incorrectly?
A. Sentence 5
B. Sentence 7
C. Sentence 3
D. Sentence 10
I think the answer is "D" Sentence 10
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:16pm
You're right; the quotation marks are used incorrectly in sentence 10.
However, both 3 and 5 have other punctuation and/or capitalization errors.
I hope you miscopied these sentences and they weren't the errors of the assignment maker.
- English - Sandia, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:44pm
Thank you Ms. Sue
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:51pm
You're welcome, Sandia.
- English - Sandia, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:57pm
Look for missing commas in the passage. After which of thes words should a comma be added?
A. Sentence 6, "Steele"
B. Sentence 2, "Hilo"
C. Sentence 4, "Lovett"
D. Sentence 8, "but"
I think the answer is "D" Sentence 8.
- English - Sandia, Friday, December 7, 2012 at 4:22pm
Answer is "B"
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - (1)It was December 7, 1941. (2) The freighter Florentine, 320 miles ...
- english - This question is based on the following paragraph. (1) It was ...
- english - This question is based on the following paragraph. (1) It was December...
- Grammar (Writeacher) - Write the subject of each sentence below. Then, choose ...
- U.S. History (Check)(REED) - 1. What day was the attack on Pearl Harbor? A: The ...
- Social Studies (Check, Please!) - Why was the United States unprepared for Japan...
- HISTORY - What would 3 newspaper headline be that would indicate the ...
- college math - A motorboat left a harbor and traveled to an island at an average...
- algebra - a motorboat left a harbor and traveled to an island at an average rate...
- Algebra - A motorboat left a harbor and traveled to an island at an average rate...