Posted by Anon on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 12:55am.
Suppose that absorbances of several solutions were measured at 545 nm. What is the frequency of this wavelength? What is the energy of this wavelength? (h=6.626 times 10^-34J*S)
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:01am
c = freq x wavelength.
c = 3E8 m/s
freq = ? in Hz.
wavelength = 545 nm x 10^-9 m
For E in J = hc/wavelength.
- Chemistry - Anon, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:08am
What is the freq? You got C=2x10^8m/s but you don't have the freq.
- Chemistry Someone Check for me - Anon, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:14am
What did you use for the freq?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:15am
Isn't the problem asking for frequency? You use c = f*w to solve for f.
And I don't see anywhere that I have 2E8 m/s.
c = f*w
3E8 = f*545E-9
Solve for f.
- Chemistry - Anon, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:22am
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:27am
close. I obtained 5.504E14 Hz which I would round to 5.50E14 Hz to three significant figures..
- Chemistry - Anon, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:31am
For the energy is it around 3.647x10^-19J? And how did you know that c=3*10^8m/s?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:55pm
c is the speed of light. Look in your text for a table of physical constants and you will find the speed of light as 299,792,458 m/s which most of us round to 3E8 m/s most of the time.
I found E to be the same number you have.
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - E=hv E=energy h= Planck's constant =6.626 x 10^-34 v= frequency 1. ...
- Chemistry - Under the correct conditions, the element molybdenum emits X-rays ...
- science - what is the wavelength of radiation with a frequency of 1.50 times 10^...
- Chemistry - The ionization energy of hydrogen is 1313 kJ/mol. Covert this energy...
- Physics - I need help solving this please! I think that for part (b) I can use ...
- Physics - If a metal with a threhold frequency of 1.1 x 10^15 Hz is illuminated ...
- Physics - Which of the following statements correctly describes the changes ...
- Chemistry (Electrons in Atoms) - The wavelength of visible light varies from 0....
- chemistry - Determine the potential (V) by which a proton must be accelerated so...
- science - What is the wavelength of waves transmitted by an AM radio station ...