Posted by Tobi on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 7:38pm.
The length of the Boston Marathon is 138,435 ft. Each stride, or step, by a particular runner is 3 ft long. Does the number of strides the runner takes fit evenly into the length of the race?
I am lost on this question. Can anyone give me a direction? Do I divide? I am in 6th grade fractions so how does this apply? so confused : (
- Math help ? confused - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 7:42pm
138,435 / 3 = ______ strides
- Math help ? confused - Tobi, Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 7:44pm
That is it? Divide? Why was I thinking more into the equation? Thank Yoou
- Math help ? confused - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 7:45pm
- Math help ? confused - bish, Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 5:13pm
solve it urself ur on connections and u r cheating u are not gonna be able to cheat ur whold life u know
- Math help ? confused - Mrs. Samira, Monday, November 25, 2013 at 11:37pm
It's really easy if you are asking a question like that. I am a parent, and in my old days I knew that every grade you learn new and old stuff. Now your teacher is going to be angry and suspicious if I even help. I am so sorry. Bye.
- Math help ? confused - Tylie, Monday, December 8, 2014 at 1:40pm
Wait so all I have to do is divide? I thought I had to do a whole lot more. I only went here because I didn't know if there was more than that. Ok then. Is there anything else I have to do after I divide?
- Math help ? confused - pankakes, Friday, October 30, 2015 at 2:06pm
omg no one can help tobi u guys suck AF like...........i can help i took a test with this same question on it hold on..............................
- Math help ? confused - pankakes, Friday, October 30, 2015 at 2:16pm
and mrs.samira if u knew that u werent going to help u should have never been on here ur so stupid my gosh no one cares that uc ant help if u know u cant hep then dont post saying"Now your teacher is going to be angry and suspicious if I even help. I am so sorry. Bye."thats just sad to read. mrs. samira like im saying right now u suck AF so plz dont go around knowing u cant help someone that u dont want to help some one out.
- Math help ? confused - pankakes, Friday, October 30, 2015 at 2:18pm
in fact mrs.sue was a perfect help thx mrs.sue :) u suck mrs.samira :(
- Math help ? confused - waffles , Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 2:59pm
how did you get that answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math(help) - please help someone explain this please!! The length of a marathon ...
- math - the length is 139,435ft a runner's step is 3ft does the number of steps ...
- math - A runner has a stride length of 5 feet for the first half of the race and...
- Math - Runner A crosses the starting line of a marathon and runs at an average ...
- Chemistry - A runner's average stride length is 41 inches. She takes 28 strides ...
- Physics - It takes a runner 3 h, 28 min, 33 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- physics - It takes a runner 4 h, 58 min, 36 s to run a marathon. If the distance...
- physics please help - A marathon is and long. Estimate how many strides would be...
- Physics - At an instant, Runner 'A' runs at 6m/s with an acceleration of 2m/s^2...
- Physics - Runner A is running at a constant rate of 2.3 m/s when he passes ...