Posted by Ann on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 9:47pm.
Write an equation that is in slop-intercept form of the line that passes through the points: (-1/2, -1) and (3, 5/2).
Algebra URGENT - Mac, Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:40pm
Use your slope formula
(-1 - 2.5) / (-.5 - 3) = -3.5/-3.5 = 1
Pick a point, does not matter which one, will get the same answer and use your point slope equation
y - 2.5 = 1(x - 3)
y = x - .5
y = x - (1/2)
Algebra URGENT - Reggie, Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:40pm
m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)
so slope of the equation is 1.
No substitute one of the points into point slope equation and solve into slope intercept form:
y = x-1/2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- Algebra (Urgent) - What is an equation in slope intercept form for the line that...
- algebra 1 - write an eaguation in slop-intercept form of the line that passes ...
- Math HELP - Write the equation of the line (in slop/intercept form) that has a ...
- algebra - Write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes ...
- algebra - write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that passes ...
- algebra (check plz) - write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line that...
- Math - 1. Use point-slope form to write the equation of a line that has a slope ...
- Algebra 1 ( bobpursley) - 1. Write an equation in slope-intercept form for the ...