Posted by Sammy on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 8:14pm.
December 3, 2012 SCHOOL SUBJECTS
Post a New QuestionCurrent QuestionsChat With Live Tutors
Homework Help: Math (trigonometry)
Posted by Sammy on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 4:25pm.
From a boat on the water, the angle of elevation of the top of a cliff is 31°. From a point 300 m closer, the angle of elevation is 33°. Find the height of the cliff.
the answer should be 2411 m.
I had tan31° = h/x+(x-300)
tan33° = h/x-300 -> (x-300)tan33° = h.
I subbed the first one into the second:
tan31° = (x-300)tan33°/x+x-300
I'm not sure how to go from there or if what I have so far is even right.
Math (trigonometry) - Damon, Monday, December 3, 2012 at 8:24pm
tan 33 = h/x
tan 31 = h/(x+300)
h = x tan 33 = .649 x
tan 31 = .649 x/(x+300)
(x+300)(.601) = .649 x
x + 300 = 1.08 x
.08 x = 300
x = 3750
h = .649 x = 2433
Carry more significant figures than I did. When you do the 1.08 - 1 you lose a lot of accuracy
Math (trigonometry) - Ibrahim Sakalaki Mushadh Fareed Al Maktoum Al Baghdadi, Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 5:29am
yes i want to do the things very much
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - - Computers - English - Foreign Languages - Health - Home Economics - ...
- Biochem - Computers English Foreign Languages Health Home Economics Math Music ...
- Algebra - Business Computers English Foreign Languages Health Home Economics ...
- Physics - Home Economics Math Music Physical Education Science Social Studies ...
- MATH - there are 400 students at smith Elementary school 1/4 of the students are...
- language arts - WEDNESDAY March 11, 2015 SCHOOL SUBJECTS Art Business Computers ...
- math 5th grade - Hunter school has a kindergarten and grades 1 through 6. there ...
- Math Lit - In a school there are 122 grade 8s, 105 grade 9s, 134 grade 10s, 109 ...
- 11th grade - The students of litchfield High school are in grades 9,10,11,12. Of...
- 5th grade - My daughter is taking OLSAT test for gift & talented middle school. ...