posted by Need Help on .
15. The concentration of hydroxide ions in a solution of nitric acid 0.2 M is:
a. 2 x 10-14 M
b. 5 x 10-14 M
c. 5 x 10-7 M
d. 2 x 10-1 M
16. Aqueous solutions of strong acids and strong bases:
a. are good electricity conductors
b. make litmus paper become red
c. have a pH of 7.0
d. react with copper to form hydrogen gas
17. Which of the following can be considered as a Brönsted-Lowry base?
18. What happens when NH3 bubbles in water?
a. NH3 acts as a base
b. NH3 acts as an acid
c. NH3 does not dissolve in water
d. there is no reaction
19. An aqueous solution of NH3 is:
a. an acidic solution
b. a basic solution
c. a neutral solution
d. an indicator solution
a. What is the pH of a solution of 0.05 M HNO3?
b. What does the pH become if 200 mL of this acid is diluted to 1.0 L?
21. Classify the following solutions in order of increasing pH:
a. 0.01 M NaOH
b. pure water
c. 0.10 M HCl
d. 0.05 M NaOH
e. 0.001 M HCl
22. What is the concentration of H+ in the solutions of pH:
23. What is the pH of a solution which [H+] is:
a. a)4.0 x 10-5 M
b. b)2.5 x 10-6 M
a. How many moles of NaOH must be dissolved in 1.0 L of water in order to get a pH of 12.4?
b. What mass of NaOH does this represent?
25. What is the pH of a solution of 0.1 M silver hydroxide, which is only 10% ionized?