Posted by simranpreet on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 6:57am.
300 men were engaged to complete a job in a certain number of days. but due to another assignment fifteen men dropped the second day, fifteen more men dropped the third days and so on .if takes fifteen more days to finish the work now.find the number of days in which the work was completed. please hellllllppppp.
maths - Reiny, Monday, December 3, 2012 at 9:08am
The number of man-hours that were used were
300 + 285 + 270 + 255 + ... + 15 + 0
Since we can't count the + 0 , (nobody worked that day) ,
we need the number of terms of
300+285 + ... + 15
the left side is an AS where a = 300 , d = -15 , n = ?
when the last term is 15
15 = a + d(n-1)
15 = 300 - 15(n-1)
15 = 300-15m + 15
15n = 300
n = 20
maths - Rich, Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 2:44am
Reiny's solution just tells us the max number of days not how many days were actually used.
We know that 15 more days were used than originally planned with the full 300.
300d= the sum of the progression
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- airthmetic progression - 300 men wre engaged to complete a job in acertain ...
- maths - 300 mens were engaged to complete a job in a certain number of days. but...
- math - If a job takes 64 men to complete in 15 days, how many more men will take...
- maths, proportion - twelve men take 6 hours to finish a piece of work. after the...
- Maths ( urgent help ) - 20 men can do a piece of work in 24 days. After working ...
- math - if 8 men can do a job in days, what is the percentage increase in number ...
- math - I 64 men do a job in 15 days how many more men are needed to do the job ...
- math - If a job can be done by 10 workers in 5 hours, the work load is 10(5) = ...
- math - 20 men can do a piece of work in 24 days. After working for 6 days, ...
- Maths - A soak away was dug by 5 men in 24 days. How many days will it take 15 ...