Posted by Y on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 12:42am.
The question is: Carmella works 37.5 h per week for Century Home selling electronics equipment. She earns a base salary of $12/h and receives a commission of 5 cents for every dollar of sales she make.
Her chart goes like:
0 0 -blank-
1000 50 -blank-
2000 -blank- -blank-
3000 -blank- -blank-
4000 -blank- -blank-
5000 -blank- -blank-
6000 -blank- -blank-
Then:Carmella's friends Maria and Sam work for two other electronics companies. The also work 37.5 h per week. Maria earns $8/h with a 10% commission and Sam earns $18/h with no commission.
a) One week, Carmella and Sam earned the same total salary. Determine each person's total sales and salary.
HOW DO I ANSWER THIS?! I TRIED TO DO THE ABOVE CHART FOR ALL THREE FRIENDS TO GET THE INFO TO GRAPH BUT THERE IS NO WEEKLY SALES I SEE WHEN SAM AND CARMELLA HAVE THE SAME TOTAL SALARY.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!
I FILLED OUT THE CHARTS LIKE BUT FOR TOTAL SALARY, AM I SUPPOSED TO ADD THE PREVIOUS TOTAL SALARY TO THE NEXT ONE OR WHAT? PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTION, PLEASE!
- math - Steve, Monday, December 3, 2012 at 11:23am
on x sales,
c = 12*37.5 + .05x
m = 8*37.5 + .10x
s = 18*37.5
during the week, sam made 675.00
so, we need
12*37.5 + .05x = 675.00
x = 4500
c = 450(salary) + 225(commission) = 675
Answer this Question
- Business Math - I'm wondering if I got this question right. A car salesman ...
- economics - Kimberly works for a well known financial company as a sales ...
- algebra - Tanner earns a commission of $1415.04 selling $6432 worth of ...
- math - Each week, Bart earns a base rate of $85 and a commission on each dollar...
- Math Problems - 1.)Kamman VanMarko Plumbing equipment sales Commission rate: 9 1...
- Math - Sam Quaker receives a salary of $300 per week plus a 5 and 1/2% ...
- Math - A real estate agent earns a weekly salary of $200. This week, he sells ...
- Algebra - Pauline sells computers on commission. She spends 2 hours on selling a...
- College Algebra - A new employee at a sales company is offered one of three ...
- Finance - A salesperson in a furniture store receives a weekly salary of $1,250...