Posted by Y on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 12:42am.
The question is: Carmella works 37.5 h per week for Century Home selling electronics equipment. She earns a base salary of $12/h and receives a commission of 5 cents for every dollar of sales she make.
Her chart goes like:
0 0 -blank-
1000 50 -blank-
2000 -blank- -blank-
3000 -blank- -blank-
4000 -blank- -blank-
5000 -blank- -blank-
6000 -blank- -blank-
Then:Carmella's friends Maria and Sam work for two other electronics companies. The also work 37.5 h per week. Maria earns $8/h with a 10% commission and Sam earns $18/h with no commission.
a) One week, Carmella and Sam earned the same total salary. Determine each person's total sales and salary.
HOW DO I ANSWER THIS?! I TRIED TO DO THE ABOVE CHART FOR ALL THREE FRIENDS TO GET THE INFO TO GRAPH BUT THERE IS NO WEEKLY SALES I SEE WHEN SAM AND CARMELLA HAVE THE SAME TOTAL SALARY.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!
I FILLED OUT THE CHARTS LIKE BUT FOR TOTAL SALARY, AM I SUPPOSED TO ADD THE PREVIOUS TOTAL SALARY TO THE NEXT ONE OR WHAT? PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTION, PLEASE!
math - Steve, Monday, December 3, 2012 at 11:23am
on x sales,
c = 12*37.5 + .05x
m = 8*37.5 + .10x
s = 18*37.5
during the week, sam made 675.00
so, we need
12*37.5 + .05x = 675.00
x = 4500
c = 450(salary) + 225(commission) = 675
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - on office equipment sales representative earns a weekly salary and ...
- Mathematics - Tito Sanchez receives a weekly salary of $400. he also receives a ...
- Math - Luke receives a salary of $200 per week plus a 3% commission on all sales...
- math - Becky a saleswoman,is offered two salary plans. Plan 1 is $450 per week ...
- Algebra - Suppose that you work part time as a sales representative at a car ...
- Finance - A salesperson in a furniture store receives a weekly salary of $1,250...
- Math - Zeke earns a living selling computers. He is paid 12/h plus a 8% ...
- math - Sue receives a base salary of $90 weekly plus a 12% commission on all ...
- algebra - Becky a saleswoman,is offered two salary plans. Plan 1 is $450 per ...
- Math - Sam Quaker receives a salary of $300 per week plus a 5 and 1/2% ...