Posted by Glen on Monday, December 3, 2012 at 12:32am.
10. Suppose the cost C of removing p% of the impurities from the waste water in a manufacturing process is given by
a) Where does the graph of this function have a vertical asymptote?
b) What does this tell us about removing the impurities from this process?
c) Removing how many percent of the impurities yield the cost of $10800?
Thanks in advance ;).
Pre-Calculus - Glen, Monday, December 3, 2012 at 1:09am
;). Thanks to anyone who tried, but i figured it out on my own.
If anyone is interested in the answer....
b) means they can't remove 100% of the impurities.
c) 18,00 = (3600p/100 - p)
10,800(100 - p) = 3600p
1,080,000 - 10,800 = 3600p
1,080,000 = 14400p
p = 75
removing 75% will cost $10800.
This is what i got, if i did anything wrong please correct me!
Pre-Calculus - Glen, Monday, December 3, 2012 at 1:11am
10,800 = (3600p/100 - p) ***
oh, and i just realized, the equation didn't show up when i asked the question.
Suppose the cost C of removing p% of the impurities from the waste water in a manufacturing process is given by C(p) = (3600p/100 - p)**
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- pre calculus - Use the following conditions to create a sketch of the function ...
- Calculus AB - Let f be the function that is given by f(x)=(ax+b)/(x^2 - c). It ...
- Precalculus - Write an equation for rational function with given properties. a...
- pre-calculus 11 - I have the question what is the equation of the function in ...
- math - Suppose the the limit as x approaches 6 to the left equals infinity. What...
- Pre-Calculus - Rational Functions does the following function have a hole or a ...
- Gr.11 - Rational functions graphing. - 1. Identify a rational function whose ...
- Algebra - write an equation for a rational function that has a vertical ...
- pre-calculus 11 - I have f(x) + 1/ x-c this is the question and I am told for ...
- pre calculus - use the seven step method to graph the following rational ...