Posted by Deborah on Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 9:36pm.
Which system would work best to solve?
Please show work and solve. (all steps)
I honestly don't know how to do this.
- Math - Reiny, Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 10:25pm
I would use elimination, where we attempt to get the coefficients of either x or y to be the same or to be opposite
1st equation --> 6x - 4y = 54
2nd times 2 --> -18x + 4y = -138
-12x = -84
divide by -12
x = 7
sub back into the first
6(7) - 4y = 54
-4y = 12
y = -3
x = 7, y = -3
sub those values into both equations to verify that my answer is correct (it works !)
- Math - Deborah, Monday, December 3, 2012 at 10:52am
Thank you very much....
- equation - jack roger, Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 9:14am
x + 4y = 54
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 2. Simplify. Please be sure to show all of your work. -3(-9) – |-5 – 3 3...
- Algebra - Solve the system of equations using substitution. x + 4y = -5 3x - 8y...
- Algebra - 7x + 5 = y 3.5x + 20 = y Solve the system of equations. What method ...
- Intermediate Algebra - Solve using elimination method. If the system has no ...
- Math - Could you show me how to work through this problem? Show me steps Solve ...
- Algebra, help needed - I need help I don't know how to solve this system Solve ...
- Algebra - I need help I don't know how to solve this system Solve the following ...
- math - how to solve (3a squared+3a+3)+(15a squared+2a-9) need the steps on how ...
- Math - Solve the following equation in the complex number system. Please show ...
- college algebra--need help please!! - solve the equation in the real number ...