Posted by Anonymous on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 4:02pm.
PA11-4 Comparing Stock and Cash Dividends [LO2, LO3, LO4]
Ritz Company had the following stock outstanding and Retained earnings at December 31, 2010:
Common stock (par $1; outstanding, 500,000 shares) $ 500,000
Preferred stock, 8% (par $10; outstanding, 21,000 shares) 210,000
Retained earnings 900,000
On December 31, 2010, the board of directors is considering the distribution of a cash dividend to the common and preferred stockholders. No dividends were declared during 2008 or 2009. Three independent cases are assumed:
The preferred stock is noncumulative; the total amount of 2010 dividends would be $30,000.
The preferred stock is cumulative; the total amount of 2010 dividends would be $30,000. Dividends were not in arrears prior to 2008.
Case C: Same as Case B, except the amount is $75,000.
- accounting - Tina jones, Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 12:59am
aphael Corporation’s common stock is currently selling on a stock exchange at $85 per share, and its current balance sheet shows the following stockholders’ equity section:
Preferred stock—5% cumulative, $___ par value, 1,000 shares
authorized, issued, and outstanding $ 50,000
Common stock—$___ par value, 4,000 shares authorized, issued,
and outstanding 80,000
Retained earnings 150,000
Total stockholders' equity $ 280,000
1. What is the current market value (price) of this corporation’s common stock?
Answer this Question
- accounting - PA11-4 Comparing Stock and Cash Dividends [LO2, LO3, LO4] Ritz ...
- accounting - Pearson began 20XX with 30,000 $1 common shares issued and ...
- accounting - Lone Star Theatre Inc. owns and operates movie theaters throughout ...
- Investments - An analyst gathers the following information about Meyer, Inc.: • ...
- Accounting - At december 31, 2013 and 2014, lapham corp. Had 200,000 shares of ...
- financial accounting - (5) Chapter 13 Problem The Torre Company has the ...
- Accounting - A company had stock outstanding as follows during each of its first...
- accounting - E11-9 The following stockholders’ equity accounts, arranged ...
- Finance - National Health Corporation (NHC) has a cumulative preferred stock ...
- Intermediate Accounting - During 2009 Bradley Corporation issued for $110 per ...