Posted by Anonymous on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:03pm.
Why do people think Wikipedia is a unreliable source?
Wikipedia - Writeacher, Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:11pm
That's a very good question. Anyone who buys that nonsense is relying on other people to do his research and thinking for him ... or her!
If someone doesn't want to believe what an Wikipedia article has in it, that person is free to use the references and external links at the bottom of just about every Wikipedia page there is!
Wikipedia - Anonymous, Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:12pm
You said: "Anyone who buys that nonsense is relying on other people to do his research and thinking for him ... or her!"
What do you mean by that?
Wikipedia - Writeacher, Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:15pm
I mean that you are not thinking for yourself. Critical thinking includes not "buying" (believing) everything that other people tell you.
Think, think, think.
Come to YOUR OWN conclusions (which may or may not coincide with someone else's).
Wikipedia - DrBob222, Friday, November 30, 2012 at 3:18pm
Amen to Writeacher. I think Wikipedia is a really great resource.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- SoCiAl(again) - Which Enlightenment writer expressed the idea that the ...
- World Studies - Why was the Civil War important? Why was World WarII important? ...
- QUESTION - I THINK PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY THINK THAT 13 IS A UNLUCKY NUMBER. MY ...
- mythology? - i have a final and i don't know the difference between te cyclopes...
- us history - which of the following best describes an example of how ...
- help SCIENCE help - What is the difference between an atom, compound, and ...
- sort of social studies - I need info on Great Britton, what they wear,eat, ...
- English MS. SUE - An interview is a(n) __________ in which one-on-one or small ...
- social studies - what are the type of rocks used to build the agra fort , gate ...
- Evironmental Science - What part of a pond ecosystem is not a part of the pond ...