Posted by Braden on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 8:43pm.
a crate contains apples, pears, and oranges.There are 184 apples and pears and 248 apples and oranges. there are 3 times as many oranges as pears. how many apples are in the crate?
How do I show my work to solve this problem using Singapore math - Math in Focus curriculum?
- math - Reiny, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 9:18pm
no idea what
Singapore math - Math in Focus curriculum?
but here is how I would do this
let the number of pears be x
then the number of oranges is 3x , it said so
let the number of apples be a
a+x = 184
a + 3x = 248
2x = 64
x = 32
sub back into
a+32 = 184
a = 152
so we have
32 pears and
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Mania - A fruit stand carries apples, oranges, lemons, and pears. There are...
- Algebraic inequalities - There are three kinds of fruit in a basket:apples, ...
- math/ratio - apples,oranges and pears are packed into a basket in the ratio 3:5:...
- math - A box contained fruits such as apples, oranges and pears. 3/5 of the ...
- Math - A fruit seller had 450 apples and pears.He sold 1/2 of the apples and 1/4...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:10am. 1. I didn't ...
- math - Alex bought twice as many pears as apples. He bought 4 more pears than ...
- English - 1. i didn't eat applea or pears. 2. i didn't eat applea and pears...
- Math - There is a bowl of fruit on the table. There are twice as many apples as...
- Math - Jai has 35 pieces of fruit. They are all apples and pears. He has 15 more...