Posted by Braden on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 8:43pm.
a crate contains apples, pears, and oranges.There are 184 apples and pears and 248 apples and oranges. there are 3 times as many oranges as pears. how many apples are in the crate?
How do I show my work to solve this problem using Singapore math - Math in Focus curriculum?
- math - Reiny, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 9:18pm
no idea what
Singapore math - Math in Focus curriculum?
but here is how I would do this
let the number of pears be x
then the number of oranges is 3x , it said so
let the number of apples be a
a+x = 184
a + 3x = 248
2x = 64
x = 32
sub back into
a+32 = 184
a = 152
so we have
32 pears and
Answer this Question
- Math Mania - A fruit stand carries apples, oranges, lemons, and pears. There are...
- math/ratio - apples,oranges and pears are packed into a basket in the ratio 3:5:...
- math - Alex bought twice as many pears as apples. He bought 4 more pears than ...
- Math - There is a bowl of fruit on the table. There are twice as many apples as...
- math (algebra ) - a box contains oranges and apples,there is a total of 15 piece...
- Math - Sophia buys an eqaul number of oranges and pears for a party. The oranges...
- Maths - In a basket, 3/4 of the fruits are oranges and the rest are apples. ...
- math - A fruit stand has 28 apples, 20 oranges, and 12 pears. What is the ratio...
- math - donna brings 32 slices of apples and oranges to the party. there are 3 ...
- Help!Math.... - Six pears and three apples cost $3.90. Two pears and five apples...