Posted by hi, help hard questions on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 3:52pm.
Find the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle with legs of 20 cm and 21 cm.
The length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 15 cm. The length of one leg is 9 cm. Find the length of the other leg.
If the sail of a ship is 10 feet long and has a diagonal length of 26 feet, what is the height of the sail in feet?
- math - Steve, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 3:55pm
all of these can be found using
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
where a and b are the legs, c the hypotenuse.
10^2 + b^2 = 26^2
b = 24
do the rest the same way, plugging two of the needed values.
if you get stuck, come on back and show how far you got.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - 1) The hypotenuse of an isosceles right triangle is 8 cm longer than ...
- math/geometry - complete the statements: To find the length of the hypotenuse of...
- Math - If the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 13 and one of its legs is 5, ...
- MATH MS.SUE HELP PLEASE! - Could somebody help me I don't understand any of this...
- math - I have 14 questions and I was wondering if someone could check my answers...
- Algebra - What is the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle with legs of ...
- math - The length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 40 cm. The legs of ...
- Geometry - I need help in this problem: A 14-foot ladder is leaning against a ...
- help with math - Which would represent proof of the Pythagorean Theorem? A. ...
- Math Help Please - 1. Which set of numbers represents a Pythagorean triple? 6, 9...