Posted by Odesa on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 12:11am.
H6P6: Urbium Oxide
First Part of the Question:
Urbium (Ur) is an upscale element found in big cities. Its oxide (UrO2) is not very stable and decomposes readily at temperatures exceeding 66∘ C. The figure below shows how the rate of reaction varies with the concentration of UrO2 at 75∘ C.
The rate r is in units of M⋅s−1 and the concentration c of UrO2 is in units of M (mole⋅L−1). The slope has a value of 1.34 and the intercept has a value of 1.51. What is the order of reaction for the decomposition of urbium oxide?
Second part of the Question:
Select the graph below that best represents how the rate of reaction varies with concentration of urbium oxide at 100∘ C (red) compared with the rate versus concentration at 75∘ C (black).
- Chemistry - Todd, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 12:19am
second part = B
- Chemistry - MIT EDX 3.091, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 5:03am
- Chemistry - Paul, Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 11:43pm
Any idea for The first part?
- Chemistry - Mee, Friday, November 30, 2012 at 2:01pm
The first part:
- Chemistry - Paul, Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 2:22am
- Chemistry - MIT EDX 3.091x, Saturday, December 1, 2012 at 9:02pm
Please do not answer this post. This question is a part of the MIT edx 3.091 solid state chemistry curriculum, and posting or using this information is in direct violation of the honor code. Thank you :)
Answer this Question
- chemistry - Urbium (Ur) is an upscale element found in big cities. Its oxide (...
- CHEMISTRY - Urbium (Ur) is an upscale element found in big cities. Its oxide (...
- science - Urbium (Ur ) is an upscale element found in big cities. Its oxide UrO2...
- chemistry - When mercury oxide is heated, it decomposes into mercury and oxygen...
- chemistry - An element X burns in air to form an oxide. When the oxide is shaken...
- chemistry - A 71.1 g sample of an unknown compound contains 10.1 g of hydrogen...
- Chemistry - Lead(II) carbonate decomposes to form Lead(II) oxide and carbon ...
- Chemistry - A compound of the element A and oxygen has a mole ratio of A:O=2:3...
- chemistry - When anhydrous iron sulfate decomposes it forms iron (III) oxide, ...
- chemistry calculations - when 2.750 g of the oxide of lead is heated to a high ...