Posted by tyneisha on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 8:44pm.
A family of 5 comes to the amusement park. There are two adults and three children (under the age of 12). They qualify for a special family rate of $174.45. The clerk tells them that a child's ticket always costs $11 less than an adult's ticket. How much is each adult ticket and how much is each child's ticket?
1.Define your variables. What is a variable you can use to represent the adult cost?
A variable to represent adult cost in the family plan: __________.
Write an expression to represent the cost of the child's ticket in terms of the adult ticket. Remember the child's ticket is $11 less than the adult's ticket. Please be sure to use the same variable that you used above for the adult cost when writing this expression.
An expression to represent the cost of a child's ticket in the family plan: _____________.
There are two adults and three children, and the total cost was $174.45. Write an equation representing the total cost for this family of five.
Equation representing total cost: __________________________ .
Solve your equation to determine the cost of an adult ticket in the family plan. Be sure to show all work.
4.Provide the solutions for the question: How much is each adult ticket and how much is each child's ticket?
Answer: Adult ticket price is $ _________ and Child's ticket price is $ ___________.
- ALG2! WORD PROBLEM! PLZ HELP!! - Reiny, Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 9:47pm
Much Ado about nothing.
adult ticket --- x
child's ticket -- x-11
2x + 3(x-11) = 174.45
2x + 3x - 33 = 174.45
5x = 207.45
x = 41.49
Adult tickets cost $41.49
Child's ticket costs $30.49
That is all that is needed for the entire question.
No matter some students hate math, when they are confronted with such highfaluting language for a simple problem
- ALG2! WORD PROBLEM! PLZ HELP!! - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 30, 2012 at 7:09pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ALG2! WORD PROBLEM!very important!! - There are two adults and three children (...
- Math probabilty - An amusement park, Dino World, considering adding some new ...
- college maths - In amusement park considering adding some new attractions,...
- elementary statistics - 56% of families had no children under the age of 18;17% ...
- math - the mason family went to the amusement park. they spent 56.00$ on tickets...
- Math Statistics - An amusement park, Dino World, considering adding some new ...
- HEALTH PLZ ITS OVERDUE - 1. The type of family structure that has a biological ...
- children who require special treatment - mr.ames is married and has two children...
- maths - Tickets for the Universal Studios amusement park are priced at $32 for ...
- math/116 algebra - Application Practice Answer the following questions. If ...